The primary function of this position is to provide system administration, and manage network related projects as assigned by manager.
· Tests, installs and configures new network related hardware and software.
· Performs daily network administration tasks.
· Stays current on updates and service packs for network operating ystems and software.
· Maintains tape backup systems and coordinates off site storage.
· Coordinates with application development team to maintain successful integration between desktops and custom applications.
· Support ESX hosts and VDI users.
· Implements and maintains corporate email system.
· Implements and maintains storage area network (SAN).
· Implements and maintains server clusters and load balancing.
· Implements and maintains web servers; security, backup/recovery, IIS and related problems.
· Coordinates firewall, VPN, switch, and router installations and modifications.
· On call 24/7.
· Provides support to systems support technicians for high-level support issues.
· Performs end user technical support as needed.
· Acts as backup for systems support supervisor and help desk as needed.
· Bachelor’s degree in a computer related field required. Experience will be taken into consideration for educational requirement.
· MCSE 20xx or MCITP-EA required
· Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) preferred.
· Minimum 4 years applied systems administration in a mission critical Windows Server 2008 environment.
· Strong working knowledge of Windows Server 2008, Windows networking, Active Directory, Exchange 2007/2010, IIS, application deployment, clustering, load balancing, HP Proliant servers, VMware ESX, VMware View, and SAN technologies.
· Familiarity with backup technologies, SharePoint, MS SQL Server, and network switching.
· Proven troubleshooting skills and a team player.
· Demonstrated ability to interact in a positive, respectful manner and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
· Ability to display excellent customer service to meet the needs and expectations of both internal and external customers.
· Excellent listening and interpersonal communication skills to identify critical core competencies based on success factors and organizational environment.
· Ability to effectively organize, prioritize, multi-task and manage time.
· Demonstrated accuracy and productivity in a changing environment with constant interruptions.
· Demonstrated ability to analyze information, problems, issues, situations and procedures to develop effective solutions.
· Ability to exercise strict confidentiality in all matters.