This position requires an Active TS/SCI Clearance
At Data Tactics, our vision is to remain a creative, cutting-edge and world class research, development and rapid deployment institution where our shared intellect, hard work and vanguard for our client’s trust make a positive difference in their success, the security of our country, and the lives of our employees. The Data Tactics team is comprised of industry recognized experts in the field of Enterprise Architecture, Cloud Computing, Cyber Security, Engineering, System/Software Development, Data/Systems Integration, and Operations & Maintenance (O&M). We offer challenging and exciting opportunities which can advance your technical skills and provide you with compelling career growth. If you’re ready to push yourself and your career to new levels you should consider Data Tactics Corporation, where every day we strive to be the best at what we do!
The Systems Administrator is responsible for the technical design, planning, implementation, and the highest level of performance tuning and recovery procedures for mission critical enterprise systems. Serves as a technical expert in the area of system administration for complex operating systems. Recommends the redesign and configuration of operating systems and system applications. Investigates and analyzes feasibility of system requirements and develops system specifications. Identifies methods, solutions, and provides project leadership and management in order to provide a high level of service to the customer.
• Manages the day-to-day operations of the USSOCOM host computers by monitoring system performance, configuration, maintenance and repair. Ensures that records of system downtime and equipment inventory are properly maintained. Applies revisions to host system firmware and software. Works with vendors to assist support activities.
• Develops new system and application implementation plans, custom scripts and testing procedures to ensure operational reliability. Trains technical staff in how to use new software and hardware developed and/or acquired.
• Performs troubleshooting as required. As such, leads problem-solving efforts often involving outside vendors and other support personnel and/or organizations.
• Establishes, maintains and manages users accounts. Installs, modifies and maintains systems and utility software on server computer systems. Provides server support related to other software.
• Establishes guidelines and methods for the installation and management of the host computer operating systems, disk arrays, fiber channel switches, tape libraries and other components.
• Ensures high availability and acceptable levels of performance of mission critical host computer resources.
• Develops procedures to maintain security and protect systems from unauthorized use, acts of nature and user abuse.
• Develops procedures, programs and documentation for backup and restoration of host operating systems and host-based applications.
• Develops and coordinates project directions and schedules to maximize benefits and minimize impacts on the customer organizations. Provides leadership in planning and implementation of projects for computer operations and enterprise systems administration.
• Develops tools, procedures, and training sessions for Operations, Client Support and Systems Development staff to assist with work.
• Manages the data center and computer host systems including hardware, software and equipment such as air-conditioning system, UPS (uninterrupted power system) and fire protection system.
• Stays current with technological developments in systems administration technology and recommends ways for USSOCOM to take advantage of new technology.
• Positions in this classification may perform all or some of the responsibilities above and all positions perform other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge of: Programming languages and operating systems; current equipment and technologies in use; Unix system administration, enterprise backup and recovery procedures, and system performance monitoring tools; effective project management techniques; principles and practices of effective management and supervision.
Ability to: Plan, organize and document complex system design activities and to configure systems to be consistent with institutional policies/procedures; communicate technical/complex information both verbally and in writing; establish and maintain cooperation, understanding, trust and credibility; perform multiple tasks concurrently and respond to emergency situations effectively.
• Good analytical and problem solving skills
• Skilled in time, priority and task management
• Interpersonal skills to interact with customers and team members
• Communication skills to interact with team members and support personnel
• Leadership skills to assist less experienced personnel
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Ability to manage competing priorities in a complex environment
• Ability to convey a strong presence, professional image, and deal confidently with technical problems
• Linux Experience
• MS Exchange Experience
• MS Server Experience
Minimum Level of Education:
Associate's degree in Computer Science or related discipline. Relevant experience may substitute for the degree requirement on a year for year basis. Three years work experience in complex systems design, programming and systems software and support
Come grow with us!! At Data Tactics, our vision is to remain a creative, cutting-edge research, development and rapid deployment institution where our shared intellect, hard work, and vanguard for our client’s trust make a positive difference in their success, the security of our country, and the lives of our employees. The Data Tactics team is comprised of industry recognized experts in the field of Enterprise Architecture, Cloud Computing, Cyber Security, Engineering, System/Software Development, Data/Systems Integration, and Operations & Maintenance (O&M). We offer challenging and exciting opportunities which can advance your technical skills and provide you with compelling career growth. If you’re ready to push yourself and your career to new levels you should consider Data Tactics Corporation, where every day we strive to be the best at what we do!
We were recently ranked as one of the 50 fastest growing companies in the DC Metro Area in 2011 by the Washington Business Journal. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and offer an excellent benefit package, including:
• Competitive wages
• Employer-paid Health, Dental, & Vision Insurance (100% Employer Paid)
• Employer-paid Life Insurance for hazardous duty assignments
• Short and Long Term Disability
• 15 Days Total Paid Time and 9 Paid Holidays
• 401K after 90 days
• Flexible Savings Accounts for Child Care and Health Care
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Professional Development Certification Programs
• Employee Referral Incentives