Harris Connect is a private equity-backed solutions provider for leading education, healthcare and affinity-based organizations. More than 4,000 clients use our cutting edge technology in mobile, internet, IP telephony and data research to engage their constituencies and generate revenue. We are seeking a UNIX System Administrator to be part of a team that supports the corporate UNIX systems.
The position will serve as the subject matter expert for UNIX, LINUX, HP UNIX and Solaris. The position offers a flexible work schedule and the opportunity to work from home one day a week.
As the Unix System Administrator you will be responsible for:
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Systems Management and four years of relevant experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted. A minimum of four years experience with UNIX or LINUX operating systems (e.g. HP UX, Solaris, Red Hat) is required. A working knowledge of Unidata/Pick is helpful. Some off hours support is required.
- Building and maintaining UNIX servers
- Monitoring performance
- Participating in vendor provided maintenance
- Technical input and associated testing of applications, ancillary equipment and operating systems, including LINUX, HP UNIX and SOLARIS
- Implementing and improving the effectiveness of data transfers, scripting and applications
- Securing file transfer functions both internally and externally
- Effect system updates, patching and equipment upgrades
- Works closely with database administrators and supporting UNIX platforms for Oracle and Sybase
Please send your resume and salary requirements to: email@example.com .
ITJobCafe - 18 months ago