Responsible for assisting systems administration staff with provisioning, installation/configuration, operation and maintenance of systems hardware, software and communications related infrastructure. This individual will assist with many different aspects of installing / maintaining / troubleshooting network hardware, software, remote data gathering equipment, and branch office communications.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities :
- Responsible for assisting systems administration staff with the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade, and support of IT systems, including telecommunications, servers, data backup system, operating systems, hardware, software, and peripherals.
- Will assist with development / installation / troubleshooting of all LAN/WAN networks, telecommunications cabling and related hardware.
- Ensures compliance with IT policies and procedures, including those for architecture, security, disaster recovery, and purchasing.
- Takes action to ensure the reliability, efficiency, and confidentiality of information systems.
- Assist in maintaining asset management for IT hardware, software, and equipment.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- Associate’s degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school and five years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong working knowledge of networking hardware and software.
- A working background with Active Directory, MS Exchange, SQL, IP based telephone systems, iSCSI networks, IP routing, cellular / VSAT communications, remote connectivity (VPN), and any HTML or .Net experience is preferred.