Provide technical expertise and oversight to implementation, management and operational support of assigned systems administration function. This includes execution and oversight of provisioning, installing, configuring, tuning, operating, and maintaining systems hardware and software and the related infrastructure. Lead, through close collaboration with architectural and operational support teams (internal and external vendor partners), the research, ideation, system planning and improvement to enable continuing innovation within infrastructure and technical services.
- Maintain, monitor and manage assigned hardware and/or software systems, to include execution and/or oversight of vendors for the following: establish and maintain network and user environments, storage and security, and/or end-user computers and other computer peripherals; install and configure software, systems and updates as needed; install, configure and administer server hardware and software, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. per standards and requirements.
- Lead and drive definition, implementation and enforcement of systems administration operational processes, procedures, policies and associated documentation. Ensure that system hardware, operating systems, software systems and related procedures adhere to standards, methodologies and policies, enabling the productivity and effectiveness of employees, clients and vendor partners. Establish back-up processes, procedures and requirements and provide oversight to ensure compliance.
- Research, identify, and drive the implementation of innovative approaches to system administration tasks with a focus on automation, error reduction and service improvement. Regularly and proactively evaluate production issues to identify needs, issues or gaps and drive/implement solutions to improve performance and overall health of the environment.
- Oversee daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as back-ups. Create, implement, maintain and champion best in class monitoring and reporting processes. Create, implement and maintain a process to ensure appropriate updates, status reports, and usage/performance data is available, on an ad hoc and regular basis.
- Provide level-2 support and serve as escalation point for assigned systems directly and by providing direction and mentorship to more junior members of the technical operations team (both internal and vendor partner resources). Provide solutions or collaborate with vendors to resolve issues. Assist in and lead troubleshooting and diagnosis for system failures. Recommend fixes/improvements to prevent recurrence. Instruct users in the correct use of equipment or software as required.
- Provide oversight, technical direction, and expertise to other technical members of project and support teams (may include employees, contractors, and /or vendor partners and their resources) to drive strategic initiatives. Provide governance oversight to ensure adherence to standards, methodologies, policies and procedures.