Bridge Healthcare Partners, LLC
(A Managed Service Organization for Planned Parenthood of the Rocky Mountains)
POSITION: Systems Administrator, 2 openings
LOCATION: Either Denver, CO or St Paul, MN
The Systems Administrator is responsible for supporting Bridge Healthcare Partners and its clients LAN, WAN, Server, Storage, and Telephony infrastructure. Working closely with the Systems and Network Engineers as well as the Services and Support Staff, the Systems Administrator will work to identify and deliver reliable technology solutions to end users.
Reporting to the Bridge Healthcare Partners (Bridge HCP) Director of IT Infrastructure, this position is an advocate in the overall culture, vision and values of Bridge HCP.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Assist with network design and capacity planning.
- Assist with the installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of end user workstation hardware, software, and peripheral devices as they relate to the infrastructure.
- Manage relationships and negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure infrastructure products and services.
- Manage servers and outsourced services, including e-mail, print and backup servers and their associated operating systems and software.
- Assist in developing long range infrastructure development plans in accordance with stated business strategy.
- Assess need for any system reconfigurations (minor or significant), make recommendations, and perform them as required.
- Maintain and improve upon security solutions, including firewall, anti-virus, VPN, and intrusion detection systems.
- Assist with the management of all network hardware and equipment, including routers, switches, hubs, and wireless access points.
- Ensure network connectivity of all workstations, servers, databases, and office locations.
- Administer all infrastructure equipment, hardware and software upgrades.
- Administer and maintain end user accounts, permissions, and access rights.
- Assist with server and application security audits.
- Ensure system backups and recovery.
- Monitor and test network performance and provide network performance statistics and reports as required.
- Recommend, schedule, and perform network improvements, upgrades, and repairs.
- Field incoming technical requests from end users, vendors, and internal IT Staff through the support desk.
- Responsible for development and maintenance of documentation for all Bridge Healthcare Partners and its clients, network infrastructures.
- Manage the Virtual Desktop Infrastructure environment and application deployment.
- Promote and maintain communication with Bridge Healthcare Partners management, clients, partners, and vendors.
- Document issue resolutions in the service desk.
- Maintain accurate and up to date inventory of all infrastructure equipment and servers.
- Maintain accurate and up to date network diagrams.
- Record all system and network changes in the Bridge approved Change Management System.
- Act as escalation point for the IT Services and Support department on all IT issues.
- Other duties as assigned
Specialized Knowledge and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree in the field of technology or more than 4 years of relevant work experience with relevant industry certifications.
- Knowledge of current network operating systems, networking protocols, VPN, telephony infrastructure, and Virtualization.
- Knowledge of basic database technologies and connectivity.
- Experience with network monitoring and performance tools/packages such as MRTG, Solar Winds, and HP OpenView.
- Experience supporting business critical systems such as Exchange, SharePoint, and Great Plains.
- Ability to work flexible hours with occasional weekends and evenings
- Ability to travel locally and nationally as necessary (< 20%)
Background check required
- Ability to organize and manage multiple tasks/projects simultaneously
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to explain complex technical concepts in language that is understandable to clients, peers, and management.
- Commitment to ensuring superior customer service and customer satisfaction for all of Bridge Healthcare Partners, its clients, and partners.
- Capacity to review, identify and implement improvement opportunities where enhanced processes, technology or efficiencies can be applied.
- Effective communication skills, both oral and written.
- Sound facilitation, consensus building and conflict resolution skills.
PPRM is an Equal Opportunity Employer & Values Diversity in People & Ideas
Planned Parenthood - 2 years ago
Planned Parenthood is the leading reproductive health care provider, educator and advocate in the United States. For more than 90 years, the...