If you thrive in a fast paced, technically complex environment where you’re always kept on your toes we want to talk to you about joining our team as a Systems Administrator. This team member will provide onsite and data center support for our fast growing organization while contributing ideas and innovations to keep the company moving forward. If hired, here’s what you’ll do:
- Operating system and third party software installation, upgrades and maintenance
- Rack/stack of server hardware
- File system and database backups/restores
- Organize and manage hardware repairs, warranty returns
- System performance monitoring/management/troubleshooting
- Maintain system security
- Storage management, system recovery, network communications, and performance management
- Manage projects and remediation efforts
- Provide solid technical solutions
- Evaluate and install patches ( yum, WSUS)
- Create and maintain documentation
- Provide occasional user support for IT-related problems
- Conduct system upgrades
- User account maintenance
- Network device and protocol configuration, Base Operating System Install, and TCP/IP Concepts, Server Hardware (RAID, SAN, Fault Isolation, x86, SCSI), Services (SSH, DNS, DHCP, SNMP, LDAP, VPN), Nagios.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or Information Systems or related discipline or equivalent experience
- 3 – 5 years demonstrated systems administration experience including administration, software and hardware
- Installation and maintenance, system installation, file management, Virtualization and system troubleshooting.
- Nagios administration and configuration experience
- Deep understanding of Linux in a production environment (RHEL, CentOS, Fedora)
- File storage administration and software development in scripted languages such as Perl and Python.
- Exceptional Communication skills and a strong work ethic
- Experience in small to mid-size company environment, self-starter attitude
- An ideal candidate knows how to innovate and make decisions on his/her own, but also knows how to take direction when it is given, paying attention to all details involved.
- The position has a physical component requiring the ability to lift up to 60 lbs. and may require working in cramped spaces or elevated locations.
- Must be willing to work occasional nights and weekends around maintenance windows.
- All candidates must possess a valid driver’s license, their own vehicle
- Knowledge of Web Servers, Active Directory, Juniper SRX, SAN Storage Systems
- Experience with either Exchange 2007, BPOS, or Office365
- Experience with 24/7 system supervision
RootMetrics - 21 months ago