SLAIT Consulting is currently seeking a Systems Administrator for a contract to permanent position with our client.
Under general supervision, the Systems Administrator's role is to assist in the installation and administration of all company servers and related components. This includes ensuring the availability of client/server applications. Where applicable, the Systems Administrator will assist in overseeing the physical security, integrity, and safety of the data center/server farm. Ensures the stable operation of the in-house computer software systems and network connections. Analyzes and resolves end user software program and connectivity issues in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end user training where required. Assist in maintenance of all systems, applications, security, and network configurations. Monitors server backups; ensures backups occur as scheduled and that data from backup tapes can be reliably restored as needed. Installs upgrades, patches, applications and equipment as directed. Performs basic server maintenance including building, configuring, deployment, installation and modifications. Provides technical support and guidance to users.
- Primarily responsible for administration and support of all servers and applications.
- Ensures all servers and PC's have most recent service packs; patches and antivirus definitions.
- Assists in the configuration and administration of PC and server hardware, PC or server based application software, PC or server based operating systems and peripheral hardware.
- Supports implementation of hardware/software changes as directed and monitors performance of new equipment to insure compliance with performance metrics.
- Completes basic network administrative tasks as required to support the Microsoft network operating system.
- Supports the installation of file servers, changes to file server configuration, monitoring of server performance, and troubleshooting of file server problems as requested.
- Responds in a timely manner to PC hardware/software problems as reported by client personnel, to include diagnostic identification of problem situations and problem resolution support. Assists in the resolution of connectivity problems to the HP 9000 host computer.
- Provides technical reporting as requested by the Network and Communications Manager. Consults with other department leaders to resolve network problems and to document technical requests.
- Ensures computer hardware/software inventories are maintained for the existing infrastructure.
- Supports the installation and setup of PC hardware and peripherals as required to support network security processes to insure the network operates as a secure environment.
- Provides Help-Desk support and participates in on-call rotation as scheduled and directed by the *Network and Communications Manager - company sponsored cell phone will be provided.
- Works from oral and/or written instructions concerning direction and daily task assignment.
- Adheres to all internal security measures and is protective of combinations, keys, passwords, software access, and other security devices.
Please submit your resume today! Visit us at www.slaitconsulting.com
- Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA) 2003 certification or equivalency.
- AS degree in a technical major and/or two (2) or more years equivalent work experience.
- At least one (1) years of experience working in a multi-server network environment demonstrating a working knowledge of enterprise LANs; WANs; SANs/NAS; networking theory; and server maintenance.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Windows PC operating systems (XP/Vista).
- Able to meet deadlines and complete technical tasks under pressure.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and communication skills; capable of training users in applications and operating system fundamentals and writing basic documentation.
- Proven ability to work constructively and harmoniously with all levels of employees and vendors.
- Effective problem-solving skills and the ability to effectively contribute to a team environment.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office Suite Software including Microsoft Outlook
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and solve technical problems pertaining to personal computer and server hardware and software.
**Must be able to work for any employer in the United States. No Visa sponsorship.**
SLAIT Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer
SLAIT Consulting - 18 months ago