Design, build and maintain systems infrastructure for Cloud, Virtualized, and Physical IT environment. Support SBO applications, users and clients.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Design solutions in Linux & SAN environments that include Corporate, Data Warehouse, Test, and Production systems.
• Design, architect and engineer highly available, reliable and scalable infrastructure to support world wide online operations.
• Develop and maintain monitoring to ensure up-time and SLA levels.
• Identify, drive and implement process and technology improvements. Effectively manage projects as necessary.
• Support SBO applications, users and clients
Components include (but not limited to): servers, storage, network, software, licenses, monitoring tools, web applications.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Experience in data center operations required.
• Strong interpersonal, analytical, customer service skills
• Ability to contribute as a technical resource for others.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively.
• Expertise in system engineering, administration, configuration, troubleshooting, performance tuning, preventative maintenance, and security procedures.
• Experience with Network architecture including load balancers, switches, and routers.
• Experience with the following:
Cloud hosting (Rackspace and aws)
Enterprise storage and disk subsystems
VMware Cluster management, troubleshooting
SAN based storage.
Nagios, Munin, Splunk
DNS, SSL, SSH, XML, JDBC, SNMP, IPSEC and other protocols
Python and Bash scripting.
Solr, Marklogic, eXist, Elastic Search
Linux (Ubuntu, CentOS)
VMWare (vSphere Enterprise Suite)
Networking (Firewalls, VPN, pfSense)
MySQL, Postgres, NoSQL variants
Infrastructure automation (Chef/Puppet)
• Windows 2kX Servers and Active Directory Management
• MS SQL Server
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
Safari Books Online - 12 months ago