Sarnova, Inc. is a leading specialty provider of healthcare products across the emergency medical services and acute care continuum. It is comprised of three major business units: Bound Tree Medical, Tri-anim Health Services, Inc. and Emergency Medical Products, Inc. (EMP).Together, Sarnova offers more than 100,000 healthcare products to thousands of emergency care providers, hospitals and advanced patient-care facilities nationwide.
TheSystem Administrator (SA) is responsible for effectively provisioning,installing/configuring, operating, and maintaining system hardware, software,and related infrastructure systems. This individual researches, recommends, andimplements processes and tools to continuously improve the infrastructure. Thisindividual ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems,and related procedures adhere to organizational values and standards.
Individuals in this position are expected to support project efforts by performingthe technical analysis, design, build, test, and implementation tasks. Additionally, as needed, this individual willprovide second-level support for end user issues.
This individual is responsible for administering the following environments:
Storagearea network (SAN) environment
Applicationsystems and tools that support the infrastructure environment
Essential Duties andResponsibilities:
Recommend and follow technical standards for system configuration
Document technical configurations
Install and configure servers and necessary applications
Configure and monitor backup/recovery of systems
Proactively monitor system status/health and address issues as appropriate
Perform system upgrades and patches as necessary to include firmware, operating system, and applications
Engage with vendors for license renewals, hardware/software, and support contracts
Support help desk personnel as necessary to resolve end user issues
Ensure security standards and practices are implemented and maintained within the infrastructure environment
Administer Microsoft Exchange environment
Individual is expected to be generally available 24 x 7 x 365 in case of emergency
Sarnova is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer a competitive salary, commensurate with experience, along with a comprehensive benefits package, including 401(k) Plan.
- Four to eight years of experience in a technically diverse environmentwith wide-ranging
Systems, etc.) strongly preferred; specific technicalcertifications and additional relevant experience
- Bachelors degree in technical discipline (Computer Science/Engineering,Management Information
may be considered in lieu ofbachelors degree
experiencemanaging Active Directory and Group Policy
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Windows server environments including four years of
- Threeyears of experience administrating Microsoft Exchange environment
- In-depth working knowledge and two years of experience with VMWare
- Twoyears of experience supporting IIS web servers
- Generalworking knowledge and previousexperience supporting MS SQL Server clusters
- Solid understanding of LAN/WAN principles and protocols
- Two years of experience managing firewalls (Cisco ASA experience preferred)
- Direct experience configuring Hitachi and HP SAN systems
- Securitycertification or PCI experience a decided plus
- Specific experience with Avaya telephony systems a definiteplus
- Specific experience with Symantec Backup Exec a plus
- Director, Information Technology
Sarnova is comprised of four major business units: Bound Tree Medical, DXE Medical, Emergency Medical Products and Tri-anim Health Services....