Job Opening: Systems Administrator
Sentrana offers groundbreaking technology and solutions that allow large to small organizations to accurately predict and optimize the impact of their key decisions in Sales and Marketing such as pricing, promotion, product mix and other activities of the sales force. The scientific innovations embodied within our core MarketMover® Platform enable our clients to predict and execute an optimized set of pricing and marketing decisions that drives key strategic outcomes such as market share and profitability gains. We provide both analytical insight and business domain expertise that drive corporate strategy, and day to day execution capabilities at every point of customer interactions and exchanges. Our Software as a Service (SaaS) platform allows our client’s to quickly realize the benefits of our advanced analytics and execution capabilities without needing to invest and manage a complex, high-performance, massively parallel computing and communication infrastructure.
We are committed to ensuring our clients not only realize their full growth and profit potential – but become innovators in their industries. At Sentrana, we invite talented thought leaders to help us fulfill this commitment through unmatched innovation in the fields of mathematics and statistics, software engineering and information technology, and business and commerce – thereby enabling continuous evolution of human potential through science, technology and cognition.
We are seeking outstanding candidates with a demonstrated track record of innovative thought leadership and implementation discipline.
As our Systems Administrator, you will support the development, implementation, and operation of the IT infrastructure supporting our advanced analytical solutions. Fast, reliable data access and analysis is central to Sentrana’s business solutions. As a systems administrator, you will play a critical role in ensuring our enterprise system properly functions to bring our solutions to market. This is an ideal opportunity for individuals who wish to participate in the full lifecycle of solution.
Working closely with world-renowned scientists, engineers, business domain experts and with executive managers of our Fortune 500 clients and partners in a small team environment, you will have the opportunity to contribute to the rapidly evolving science and technology of quantitative marketing and demand optimization.
At Sentrana, the lines between R&D, product development, and client engagement are blurred – so you'll see the results of your efforts in days or weeks not years. Our heritage is one of entrepreneurship, where individuals' innovative ideas are prized and rapidly re-shape the capabilities of large-scale enterprises. Because you'll be on a small cross-functional team that is responsible for both business and technology decisions, you will have immediate visibility on the relationship between your efforts and the ultimate technology impact that it creates.
As a systems administrator, you will be responsible for:
- Creating and managing Windows servers
- Creating and managing Linux servers and workstations
- Setting up and maintaining data backup and disaster recovery systems
- Creating and enforcing IT security policies and controls
- Assigning, modifying and removing access to networks, applications and databases
- Managing and monitoring Sentrana network resources, utilization and configurations
- Maintaining and troubleshooting the virtual private network connections between sites including data centers and offices in the US and Dhaka, Bangladesh
- Documenting Sentrana network, server and application infrastructure
- A minimum of three years as a systems administrator
- Experience with server technologies (e.g., RAID, virtualization and disaster recovery)
- Some experience with software development and software development tools and methodologies
- A minimum of basic experience with and understanding of scripting or programming languages such as Python or Perl
- A solid background in and understanding of networking, including what an IP address and netmask are, and the basic difference between packet switching and routing
- A good understanding of databases and their usage (could be some experience with a single database such as Microsoft SQL Server or MySQL)
- A solid understanding of Linux/Unix
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Software Engineering, other Engineering or related discipline
- A good understanding of IT security principles and technologies
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills and outstanding oral and written communication skills
REPORTS TO: DIRECTOR OF TECHNOLOGY OPERATIONS AND PROJECTS
We offer a generous and comprehensive compensation package, including competitive salary, annual performance bonus, equity ownership through stock option, health, vision and dental benefits, company paid life insurance, short term and long term disability, company matched 401(k) retirement plan, maximum allowable commuting benefits, industry standard vacation, personal time off and holidays and generous funding for training and education, plus a collaborative, tier-one management team and peer groups.
More importantly, we provide an intellectually fertile environment for people to learn, experiment, and grow. Our work focuses on difficult problems that have no easy answers – indeed it is our pursuit and embrace of such problems that inspires the growth of our associates and our enterprise.
To apply, please submit your résumé and cover letter directly to us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Subject: Systems Administrator)
Sentrana Inc. - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard