TechTarget is seeking a Systems Administrator who will be responsible for the overall systems infrastructure enterprise-wide in a 24/7 online environment. This position involves the installation, upgrade, optimization, and tactical planning of hardware, software, and services across a variety of platforms and technologies.
Essential Job Functions:
Submit your application
- General administration of RedHat Enterprise/SuSE Linux, and Solaris servers;
- Monitoring and reporting of operating system and application performance;
- Evaluating and decision-making in support of business and infrastructure projects;
- Producing documentation in support of all systems, change management, and future capacity plans;
- Maintaining/repairing all infrastructure components in concert with the appropriate vendors in order to provide 100% availability of service;
- Recommending and implementing changes supported by evidence collected from thorough performance analysis; and,
- Creating and developing plans and projects for upgrades, patches, optimization opportunities and capacity planning exercises.
Knowledge, skills and abilities required:
- 3-5 Years of production management and administration of Redhat/SuSE Enterprise Linux, and Solaris with an emphasis in high volume email and web product delivery;
- Ability to work with OS vendors to address bugs and issues relating to applications and the OS or its components;
- Ability to debug kernel, device driver, or hardware issues;
- In depth knowledge of automated configuration management, virtualization theory, and system analysis skills in the area of high traffic websites;
- In depth knowledge of apache/ nginx servers tuned for very high performance;
- Experience with VMWare configurations, installation and maintenance;
- Experience with data backup, data retention, and disaster recovery exercises.
- Experience with configuring and troubleshooting MySQL databases;
- Solid understanding of EMC Claiiron and Sun/STK SAN Arrays and associated software (powerpath, etc);
- Experience a plus, but not required in the following: Xen, CentOS, Cricket/Cacti/RRD-based tools, Nagios, Oracle, OpenLDAP;
- Ability to read and diagnose error logs in various web applications, such as: Tomcat, Resin, Weblogic, Nginx and Apache;
- Ability to understand and communicate with a wide variety of people, especially internal customers;
- Ability to work as part of a team;
- Logical approach to work, self-reliance and ability to work independently;
- Active interest in maintaining personal technical skills and knowledge;
- Ability to investigate, identify and solve problems quickly and efficiently; and,
- Able to mentor junior staff.
TechTarget - 20 months ago