Provide analytical, maintenance and user support of specialized real-time/historical transmission system applications and databases in a leading electric transmission company.
ITC Job Responsibilities
- Basic understanding of specified system capabilities, data content and information retrieval using system tools.
- Perform selected facets of the maintenance and enhancement to the configuration databases used in the modeling or reporting of the electric transmission systems.
- Thorough execution of configuration checkout/verification processes and procedures, including interactions with other teams and customers.
- Proactive monitoring of databases/reports for content accuracy, consistency and adherence to standards; assist in their correction or data refinement.
- Fulfill routine requests for research into primary and alternative data sources, data source inconsistencies and failures.
- Interpret and fulfill customer reporting requests for historical transmission data through system reports, ad-hoc queries or use of existing reports.
- Obtain mentoring, guidance, training and work assignments from lead team members for assigned group role or project task.
- Learn and follow departmental standards, naming conventions, protocols, procedures, guidelines and test plans.
- Communicate and provide status updates to management and customer groups of on-going project tasks.
ITC Job Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or Computer Information Systems; Associate’s degree in Computer Information Systems plus three (3) years of specific technical training plus five (5) years of professional level experience with targeted computer applications, systems and professional level experience.
- Educational database experience in targeted environments, as identified in job posting.
- Must possess sound analytical, problem-solving and documentation skills.
- Functional knowledge of computer operating systems used in targeted environment, as identified in job posting.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work with supervision.
Additional Responsibilities and Qualifications
Environment: ABB or AREVA Transmission Management Systems; PI Data Historian or alternatives; Windows 7 or higher; UNIX
Tools: Microsoft Excel, Word, Access; PI data retrieval tools
Languages: SQL Query language
Applications: ABB / AREVA System configuration tools
Infrastructure: Real-Time Transmission Management Systems
Databases: SQL Server 2005 or higher, Oracle 10g or higher
ITC offers a competitive benefit package that includes medical, dental, vision, retirement, tuition reimbursement, and more.
ITC EEOC Statement
ITC Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer.
ITC Holdings Corp. - 30+ days ago