Job Description Summary
The Development Division Systems Analyst shares responsibility for the success of Babson College’s Development and Alumni & Friends Network initiatives through the specification, maintenance, and administration of College systems, with particular emphasis on Development and Alumni & Friends Network information systems and applications including the alumni/donor database. The Systems Analyst will apply technical, analytical, consultative and problem-solving skills to the analysis, testing, management, and maintenance of Development and Alumni & Friends Network information systems and applications and will work under the direction of the IT Division and the Associate Director of Database Analytics as part of the Development Operations team to ensure that the Development and Alumni & Friends Network technologies meet the needs of the College. The Systems Analyst will be the primary technical owner for Development and Alumni & Friends Network systems and applications.
• Act as technical subject matter expert for assigned systems and applications.
• Provide support for systems and applications; respond to and resolve issues in systems and applications.
• Coordinate, manage, and participate in upgrades, new releases, and ongoing maintenance of Development and Alumni & Friends Network systems
• Manage technology vendor relationships.
• Document system administration processes & workflows for all Development and Alumni & Friends Network systems. Support the development of custom reports, queries, scripts, and packages required to meet the technology needs of the Development and Alumni & Friends Network
• Design, implement, and improve processes to ensure data integrity and security with regard to the Development and Alumni & Friends Network systems
• Ensure that all scripting, coding, report writing, etc. meets the standards set by the central IT and Development Divisions with regard to the utilization of source control, the languages and techniques used, documentation, etc.
• Act as liaison between the Development and Alumni & Friends Network departments and the central IT Services Division.
• Assume additional responsibilities as required.
Minimum Level of Education Required:
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
Minimum Level of Experience Required:
5 years of experience with an emphasis on systems administration, reporting, automation, analysis, and/or design
May require occasional nights and/or weekend work
Additional Required Skills & Abilities
• Expert knowledge of database management and reporting
• Strong relationship management skills and ability to understand and model complicated business processes
• Demonstrated ability to analyze and solve complex system problems and automate solutions
• Practical understanding of project management methodologies
• Proven ability to manage and maintain enterprise systems
• Demonstrated ability to manage Microsoft Windows Servers, SQL Server databases, and enterprise level business applications
• Strong system integration skills with experience designing and building reporting and data integration interfaces. Proven ability to work with colleagues and customers in a collaborative and cooperative spirit
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team working on multiple projects simultaneously
• Ability to organize resources and establish priorities
• Must have advanced skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Must remain current with best practices and industry standards regarding data management
• Advanced verbal and written communication skills and the ability to present effectively to small and large groups