Neighborhood Health Plan (NHP), located in Boston, is currently seeking an experienced, highly skilled Systems Analyst II . While reporting to the Manager of Applications, the Systems Analyst is responsible for the maintenance and support of all business applications. A variety of desktop and development tools such as Visual Studio, Microsoft SQL Server, RDL and SQL stored procedures are used to perform application development and maintenance.
- Programming, including writing stored procedures in SQL Server and SSIS packages, which support the Vendor Interfaces.
- Working with hosted vendors to accomplish SDLC objectives.
- General data mapping of ANSI files, including coding, translation, development, testing and deployment.
- Provide data analysis support for NHP business areas in order to assist with the business areas’ information, reporting and application development needs. Data analysis entails understanding the flow of data and its interdependency among QNXT core modules such as Member Enrollment and Services, Claims Processing, Provider Relations, Clinical Systems and Finance.
- Perform analysis on systems and processes to become a subject matter expert, in order to help and support the business units.
- Analyze business and system requirements, including impact analyses on existing systems, to develop systems specifications.
- In partnership with the business units, design, prepare and execute unit test plans for application upgrades and enhancements.
- Identify and resolve problems related to business processes and applications.
- Track and monitor problem tickets to insure timely resolution.
- Communicate status and escalate issues as needed.
- Coordinate and/or perform change and revision management to ensure inter-operability of systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electronic Engineering, Information Systems, or equivalent experience.
- Three to five years working experience in application development, support and maintenance in a dynamic, Microsoft environment.
- Skills in one or more of the following areas:
- Experience with the development and support of intra-application data feeds, job scheduling and inter-job dependencies.
- Experience with QNXT and CCA, HEAT, SharePoint, Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience required in FTP scripting, SQL Server, C#, ASP.NET and SSIS packages.
- Healthcare systems related experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to develop customized solutions to meet business requirements
- Strong analytical, programming and demonstrated project management skills.
- Must have demonstrated ability to interact effectively and maintain productive interpersonal relations.
NHP offers competitive salaries and an excellent flexible benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision insurance, generous earned time, commuter benefit, and a 401(k) employer contributed retirement program.
NHP’s mission targets a diverse population and our employees are just as diverse. As an equal opportunity employer, NHP recognizes the power of a diverse community and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds.