This position was posted on 12/6/2012
Your Team : Program Software Development
Program Software Development uses leading technology and automation to create and support systems that make broadband and phone service affordable to millions of Americans. In cooperation with our internal customers, we build and optimize systems which enable USAC to distribute over $6 billion annually to qualified applicants. We’re looking to expand our team with open-minded and proactive fast learners who are dedicated to contributing to a diverse, pioneering, and self-organized working environment.
Your Role : Systems Analyst III – Term Position
Working in close co-operation with the business customers and IT teams, you will apply advanced analytical and business skills to evaluate existing and identify new or enhanced systems, products and processes which advance business objectives. You will also lead, manage, and execute all phases of quality assurance testing, including analysis of product requirements to produce test requirements, and development and execution of functional/system test plans in a multi-tiered environment.
- Developing and maintaining a thorough knowledge of business processes supported by software systems/products
- Documenting business requirements and business processes, as well as developing training programs, documents, and materials
- Analyzing and documenting “as-is” and “to-be” scenarios (processes, models, use cases, plans and solutions)
- Leading requirements reviews, design reviews, and change control activities
- Creating test plans, test requirements, test scenarios, and test data for use during all testing phases of the software development lifecycle, for new and existing software systems/products
- Ensuring that test plans and scenarios fully exercise every aspect of the product
- Producing and presenting formal test plans and leading the testing effort for assigned projects
- Documenting and reporting issues discovered during testing, with follow ups for resolution
- Defining and implementing standards, methods and procedures for requirements and testing activities
- Working as part of a Scrum Development Team and/or Scrum Master, conducting and effectively participating in sprint planning, task estimates, task sequencing, task assignments, sprint reviews and retrospectives
- Other duties, as assigned
The following skills are desired:
- You have gained 7 to 10 years of experience completing similar duties as outlined above
- You are a master of Excel, and use it in your daily professional life for data validation and comparison (e.g., expertise with functions like VLOOKUP, SUMIF)
- You are able to build complex formulas based on calculations defined in requirements
- You are able to work with large volumes (as many as hundreds of thousands of rows) of data
- You are able to transfer data between Excel and other tools such as SQL Developer, TOAD and Microsoft Access
- You have 7 to 10 years of demonstrated experience with increasingly complex system analysis projects, using various requirements gathering techniques and methodologies (e.g., Use cases, activity diagrams, JAD sessions)
- You spent 2 to 3 years developing user stories based on business and systems requirements, as well as defining and elaborating user stories with validation and acceptable criteria
- You have 5 to 7 years of hands-on QA testing experience in a client service environment as well as web application , developing manual and automated test scripts, and using 3 rd party testing and change management tools
- You have leveraged Scrum and/or other Agile development frameworks for 2 to 3 years
- You possess a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college and/or university (Computer Science, Information Technology, Software Engineering)
- You can prepare and deliver information in a concise, professional written format, using it to present to staff in formal settings
- You use your excellent interpersonal skills to work in teams, directing and coordinating projects, in an effort to develop, document, and enforce increasingly effective ideas, approaches, methods and procedures
- You are an analytical thinker who can make informed decisions quickly and manage multiple workstreams
If interested, please submit a cover letter with salary requirements and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org .
- You have Project Management and/or Scrum certifications
- You previously dealt with automated requirements engineering and testing tools
- You can write SQL queries and possess hands-on RDBMS experience (MS SQL Server and/or Oracle)
- You understand how to use project management software and software development processes
- You are no stranger to software development and the processes associated with it
USAC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Only principals will be accepted. No agencies please.
The Universal Service Administrative Company (USAC) is an independent, not-for-profit corporation designated by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) as the administrator of the federal universal service fund (USF). USAC collects universal service contributions from telecommunications carriers and administer universal service support mechanisms (programs) designed to help communities across the country secure access to affordable telecommunications services. Through administration of these programs, USAC provides support for high cost companies in rural areas, low-income consumers, rural health care providers, and schools and libraries.
USAC and its dedicated professional staff have expertise in all areas of administering federal universal service programs. As the administrator, USAC operates with a strong commitment to protecting the integrity of the fund and helping ensure affordable access to telecommunications services for communities across the country. This shared sense of purpose shapes a professional and diverse environment that encourages employees to grow and learn throughout their USAC careers. USAC offers a comprehensive benefits package, ongoing professional development opportunities, and balance between the demands of work and life. Our open-door policy promotes teamwork and collaboration. We invite you to apply and learn more about joining our team.