Fannie Mae exists to expand affordable housing and bring global capital to local communities in order to serve the U.S. housing market. Today, our focus is on preventing foreclosures, making mortgages and rental housing as affordable as possible, and supporting the housing recovery. We are rapidly building and realigning our company to better serve the market as we support the Administration's Homeowner Affordability and Stability Plan.
Join our dedicated, diverse, high-performing workforce and put your unique talents to good use as we work with our partners to advance our nation's housing recovery.
For more information about Fannie Mae and our career opportunities, visit www.fanniemae.com.
Design and develop computer applications and systems from existing systems, user needs and specifications, and software design constraints and software capabilities. Use structured methodology to define needs, develop and documenting technical requirements, and define coding specifications. May work with off-the shelf application software, proprietary organization application, or enterprise software which is being modified or customized for a particular report or analytic purpose. Brings to bear both knowledge of computer systems? capabilities and limitations and the business needs of client. May spec out estimated time and resources needed for a project.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Analysis resulting in specifications that guide technical design and development.
- Assist project manager in task identification, resource allocations and schedule estimates for staff on assigned project in order to help keep project resourced appropriately and on track.
- May take lead on small projects or on segment of larger projects.
- Provide business domain and/or technology and/or process expertise and mentoring to others on team.
- Contribute to application test plan, and evaluate test results to assist development or test staff.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 8 years of related experience
- Experience working on large and complex systems initiatives
- Experience developing and supporting systems solutions with Service Oriented Architecture
- Teaming and collaboration across multiple technology and business teams
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills
- Financial Services
- Agile software development
- Working with vendor teams
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a credit check for positions in some areas of our business.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are looking for employees who are intent on helping us achieve something remarkable. Since 2009, we have made tremendous progress in...