This position will be for the general ledger interface and other financial reporting aspects of a project related to our federal employee plan.
Experience should include:
Agile development cycle and creating user story cards
Writing SQL queries
Requirements gathering and documentation
This position participates in a team environment for the development, maintenance and delivery of application systems under the direction or coaching of senior team members. This position provides business, analytical, design, interpersonal and administrative skills in performing day to day work.
This position participates in formal sessions and interviews to gather, translate and document business and system requirements to support transforming requirements into effective technology solutions. This position additionally ensures correct business functionality and RITS standards are addressed within the computer applications; understands and develops complex specification test cases enough to execute and verify results; develops technical documentation and understands complex technical documentation. .
Minimum Job Qualifications and Technical Competencies:
* Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Business Administration, or a related field. Appropriate additional experience beyond the minimum required experience may be substituted for education.
* Minimum of 5 years business or system experience or combination of education and experience including experience with methodologies and structure analytical approach.
* Minimum of 5 years experience with developing requirements for projects where computer software is created.
* Must have exposure to, knowledge of and be able to use multiple methodologies appropriately (e.g. RUP and Agile) for medium size work efforts and can contribute to the maturity and growth of the Regence Solutions Lifecycle.
* Ability to lead small teams (3-5) for medium work efforts which includes estimating, coordinating, tracking progress, inspiring other to complete tasks on time, assisting with resolving issues and creating status reports. Creates a climate where people want to do their best. Can motivate and empower others on work teams.
* Must be able to develop positive relationships among clients, coworkers and management. Have the ability to communicate with Executives and can deal comfortably with more senior managers.
* Must be able to work effectively with other team members.
* Must be able to plan and manage his/her own work.
* Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions, looks beyond the obvious, can see hidden problems, steps up to conflicts.
* Good at focused listening, can hammer out tough agreements and settle disputes equitably.
* Must be able to perform requirements sessions/interviews and have good writing skills to document clear requirements for moderately complex work efforts.
* Must have exposure and knowledge of common formal development methodologies.
* Must be able to read and create complex test cases enough to execute these cases with accuracy and to verify and document results of tests indicating pass or fail with detailed description of failure.
* Must be able to develop a test strategy for medium work efforts.
* Must be able to have clear and direct communications with others. Demonstrates skills in moving undecided meeting participants to consensus. Manages meetings that foster open communication among participants. Keeps meetings on schedule and on subject.
* Knowledge of requirement/audit traceability through all phases of a work effort. Can apply traceability throughout all work efforts and adheres to the established standards of the organization.
* Ability to read complex and create moderately complex structured specifications such as Use Cases, Story Boards, and any other formal methods.
* Ability to read and understand complex and create moderately complex design models such as UML.
* Ability to read complex and create moderately complex business models.
* Ability to write well designed complex queries and to train the more junior analysts on these SQL queries.
* Must be familiar with Metadata and why it is important and be able to define complex metadata as well as update metadata repositories.
* Understands and participates in the creation of deliverables required by approved clients Solutions Lifecycles.
* Provides support for projects during installation and post implementation
* Must communicate clearly in a timely manner in both verbal and written communication. Can provide information to others so that accurate decisions can be made for all work assignments. Knows when it is appropriate to escalate.
* Must have personal organization skills, problem solving and decision making skills
* Quickly learns and adapts to new technology.
* Adheres to policies, procedures, and standards in place within RITS as well as all corporate policies, procedures and standards created by client.
* Ability to set objectives and goals, break down concepts into manageable achievable steps, and assess risks and problems.
* Ability to read complex data models and have the ability to create basic logical data models.
* Ability to read, understand, and create complex technical documents.
* Ability to review others work for quality and completeness for complex documents. Can also contribute to quality peer reviews across all corporate work efforts and formal reviews.
* Ability to provide estimates for complex size work efforts increasing accuracy of the estimate as work effort progresses.
* Ability to train medium size groups of multi-departments in formal meetings. Also has the ability to train less experienced and peer analysts.
* Ability to produce work that is considered always among the best. Produces work that is mostly error free the first time with litte waste or rework.
* Ability to mentor peer or junior staff across the enterprise.
* Ability to research, evaluate and select vendor products, methodologies and processes.
* Ability to lead medium size groups of multi-department with a structured approach (i.e. JAD sessions).
* Ability to manage their tasks on complex size work efforts in support of the project management methodology. Ability to work under the supervision of the Project Manager.
* Ability to acquire indepth knowledge of Health Insurance terminology and concepts.
* Ability to deliver effective presentations. Encourages and skillfully manages questions. Produces effective presentation materials.
Apex Systems Inc - 21 months ago
Apex Systems is an IT staffing and services firm. We specialize in providing IT professionals for contract, contract-to-hire, and direct...