Successful applicant will provide engineering support to project engineers and other team members during post delivery and modernization availabilities.
Specific tasking includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Collect, validate, process, and maintain Ship Systems assessment discrepancies in accordance with Fleet Wholeness and Aegis Readiness initiatives.
- Adhere to specific Navy instructions (CNRMC, CNSP/CNSL, and NAVSEA).
- Develop working relations with all stakeholders including Combat Systems Project Engineer (CSPE), Hull Managers, Test Coordinator, LOGREP, Assessors, TYCOMS, RMC(s), Ship’s Force and PEO IWS.
- Compile a master tracking database for all discrepancies identified during assessment events.
- Validate assessment discrepancy forms (EMAFs) for completeness and technical accuracy prior to inputting into the Automated Work Notice (AWN) application and discrepancy database for status reporting, parts requisition status and metrics.
- Ensure discrepancies are uploaded to ship’s Combat Systems Maintenance Plans (CSMP).
- Track material removed during availability; assist with maintaining Government Furnished Material and Government Furnished Equipment inventory; maintain on-site documentation library; facilitate and participate in planning/execution telcons and meetings, prepare minutes and reports as required.
- Create supporting documents for availability milestones; assist CSPE with compiling weekly production/test reports and final report. Compile and maintain list of lessons learned.
- Perform ship checks for progress of installations; provide status/issues to CSPE.
- Perform duties in both office and industrial (shipboard) environment.
- Perform other tasking as designated by management, CSPE or other team leads.
Ability to obtain and maintain a DOD Secret Level security clearance. Working knowledge of NAVY ship change planning and reporting processes. Proficient in MS Office Word, Outlook, Excel, Access, and Power Point. Strong attention to detail with organizational and problems solving skills. Ability to interface positively with a diverse population. Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills. Ability to work independently and pro-actively in providing high quality support. Preferred Skills:
US Navy Combat Systems experience. Some college or related work experience.
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 100,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
Support Solutions, based in Rockville, Maryland, provides a wide range of services in engineering, system integration, ship repair, and readiness and sustainment for military platforms. Its Technology Solutions & Services unit addresses the full life-cycle needs of U.S. Department of Defense and federal civilian customers with capabilities in systems engineering and technical assistance, system and subsystem integration, operations, and maintenance. TSS serves every branch of the U.S. military and numerous civilian agencies, operating the U.S. Army’s munitions plant in Kingsport, Tennessee; integrating communications systems and developing and integrating precision tracking radars; and providing design and support services for air and missile defense systems.
The Ship Repair business is the leading U.S. provider of non-nuclear ship repair, conversion, and modernization services. It focuses on drydock and pier-side ship repair and sustainment services for the U.S. Navy, other defense agencies, and commercial customers.
The Readiness & Sustainment business focuses on customers’ growing need for through-life platform support.
People are the greatest asset in any Company ...
BAE Systems is committed to a high performance culture and provides an environment that challenges our employees to be remarkable and obtain their full potential.
We are an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer that understands the value of diversity and its impact on a high performance culture.
Join us ...
BAE Systems - 7 months ago
- 1 day ago
SR SYSTEMS ANALYST
- 7 hours ago
SYSTEMS ANALYST Job
Bon Secours Health System
Bon Secours Health System
- 13 days ago
BAE Systems is the premier trans-Atlantic defense and aerospace company, delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and...