Cray is looking for a senior level System Anslyst to provide highly visible on-site customer support through the performance of on-site installation, servicing and maintenance of complex Cray products and systems at the University of Illinois Urbana Champaign (UIUC) customer site. This position will also include responsibility for debugging, performance analysis and problem resolution of Lustre isues. This position will play a lead role in providing the customer support at UIUC.
- Provides post-sale support of company products/systems
- Provides software technical support for product installations and maintenance to ensure that the system is functioning according to specifications
- Analyzes system software and third-party software issues. Determine solutions and implements repair or workarounds when possible
- Escalates problems to product support groups and appropriate management when necessary to ensure timely resolution of system or customer issues
- Answers customer inquiries concerning system software and applications
- Provides software development and consultation to prospective users
- Checks out and approves operational quality of system equipment and software
- Instructs customers in the operation and maintenance of the system
- Serves as company liaison with customer on administration and technical matters for assigned projects and team
Cray is an equal opportunity employer
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience.
- 12+ years of experience in an HPC-related area
- Knowledge and experience of Linux/Unix operating systems, Lustre file systems, Infiniband, I/O, networking and security
- Acquaintance with specific needs of HPC users desired
- Programming and scripting knowledge and experience (e.g. Perl, Python, C++, etc.)
- Ability to gather data and performa in-depth root cause analysis, and escalate to the next level of support for Engineering with recommendation for resolution
- Ability to maintain system software, utilizing debugging tools for problem isolation. Performs software builds, software upgrades and patch installation as needed.
- Possess the organizational and analytical skills needed to effectively isolate problems and drive solutions through to conclusion
- Ability to function as team lead in investigating and resolving complex issues.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal skills, customer relations skills and problem management skills, with the ability to stay calm and professional under pressure while working to strict deadlines
- Ability to mentor other technical support staff
- Occasional travel for training or to help support remote systems is required
- Rotation of on-call duties with other staff to provide 24x7 coverage
Cray - 17 months ago
Cray Inc. designs, develops, manufactures, markets and services high-performance computing (HPC) systems, commonly known as supercomputers....