Customer Service position located at customer site providing highly visible on-site customer support through the performance of on-site installation, servicing and maintenance of complex Cray products and systems.
- Provides post-sale support of company products/systems
- Provides software technical support for product installations and maintenance to ensure that the system is functioning according to specifications
- Analyzes system software and third-party software issues. Determine solutions and implements repair or workarounds when possible
- Escalates problems to product support groups and appropriate management when necessary to ensure timely resolution of system or customer issues
- Answers customer inquiries concerning system software and applications
- Provides consultation to prospective users as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience.
- 8+ years of experience, ideally in an HPC-related area
- Knowledge and experience of Linux/Unix operating systems, file systems, networking and security
- Acquaintance with specific needs of HPC users desired
- Programming and scripting knowledge and experience (e.g. Perl, Python, C++, etc.)
- Ability to gather data, perform analysis and escalate to a higher level of support
- Ability to maintain system software, utilizing debugging tools for problem isolation. Performs software builds, software upgrades and patch installation as needed.
- Possess the organizational and analytical skills needed to effectively isolate problems and drive solutions through to conclusion
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment to investigate and resolve complex problems as part of a team.
- Very good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Very good interpersonal skills, customer relations skills and problem management skills, with the ability to stay calm and professional under pressure while working to strict deadlines
Cray is an equal opportunity employer
- Occasional travel for training or to help support remote systems is required
- Rotation of on-call duties with other staff to provide 24x7 coverage
Cray - 14 months ago
Cray Inc. designs, develops, manufactures, markets and services high-performance computing (HPC) systems, commonly known as supercomputers....