The Systems Analysts role is to plan, design, develop, and launch efficient information systems and applications in support of core organizational functions. This individual will apply proven communication, analytical and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate and resolve system and application issues in order to maximize the benefit of IT systems investments.
Strategy & Planning
· Assist in the planning, design, development, of new applications and enhancements to existing applications.
· Meet with decision makers, systems owners, and end users to define business requirements and systems goals, and identify and resolve business systems issues.
· Ensure compatibility and interoperability of in-house computing systems.
· Review and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems and develop strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems.
Acquisition & Deployment
· Assist in the deployment of new applications and enhancements to existing applications.
· Conduct research on hardware and software products to justify recommendations and to support purchasing efforts.
· Create system design proposals
· Perform cost-benefit and return on investment analyses for proposed systems to aid management in making implementation decisions.
· Create systems models, specificiations, diagrams, and charts to provide direction on how the systems are designed.
· Coordinate and perform in-depth tests, including end-user reviews, for modified and new systems.
· Provide orientation and training to end users for all modified and new systems.
The incumbent complies with DMS policies, local, state and federal regulations and laws related
to work duties and responsibilities.
The incumbent demonstrates commitment to customer satisfaction and quality as exhibited by internal and external customer feedback. This includes timely completion of mandatory education and current credentials.
The incumbent is in complies with safety and quality procedures and initiatives by s trictly following safety policies, rules and safe work methods, making suggestions to support continuous improvements in safety, promptly correcting or reporting safety hazards or unsafe conditions, promptly reporting injuries for timely diagnoses and medical treatment, and by participating in safety processes such as safety committee, safety inspections, etc.
In an effort to promote professional growth to its employees and the organization, DMS may
alter job duties, responsibilities and projects in the course of employment.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
· Bachelor's Degree in related field and five years of technical support experience in a customer oriented environment, or eight years of relevant technical experience.
· Proven experience in overseeing the design, development, and implementation of software and hardware solutions, systems, or products.
· To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of operating systems, database, spreadsheet and word processing software.
· Working knowledge of network and PC operating systems, Windows 7, SQL 2008, SQL 2012, Server 2008 and Server 2012.
· Working knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and standards, including TCP/IP, UDP, DNS, DHCP, routers, and Switches.
· Extensive experience with core software applications, including SharePoint, GP, CRM, Scribe.
· Should be familiar with Active Directory, Exchange, SCCM, WAN, LAN, switches and routers and phone switches
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet. ,
Under general direction, helps with software product evaluations, coordinates the planning, implementation/installation, and testing of new corporate special applications software and systems.
Performs a variety of administrative, technical and maintenance tasks to support special application operation, troubleshooting of application performance, inspects and resolves system problems quickly and efficiently, develops reports and ancillary software, and maintains system security. Interfaces with system users, and vendor contacts. Assists in business application and desktop service planning. Administers and maintains Web and Client-server applications, running in an Oracle, SQL Server, Internet/Intranet, Windows, Linux, and UNIX environment.
DMS Health Technologies - 30+ days ago