Provide analytical, maintenance and user support of specialized real-time/historical transmission system applications and databases in a leading electric transmission company.
ITC Job Responsibilities
- Thorough understanding of specified system capabilities, data content and information retrieval using system tools.
- Perform all facets of the maintenance and enhancement to the configuration databases used in the modeling or reporting of the electric transmission systems.
- Thorough execution of configuration checkout/verification processes and procedures, including interactions with other teams and customers.
- Proactive monitoring of databases/reports for content accuracy, consistency and adherence to standards; assist in their correction or data refinement.
- Fulfill internal and customer requests for research into primary and alternative data sources, data source inconsistencies and failures.
- Interpret and fulfill customer reporting requests for historical transmission data through system reports, ad-hoc queries, existing reports or creation of new reports.
- Provide guidance and cross training to team members for assigned group role or projects.
- Participate in the team rotation of 24/7 after-hours support to troubleshoot and resolve critical data issues, as required.
- Assist in the improvement of departmental standards, naming conventions, protocols, procedures, guidelines and test plans.
- Gather and document detailed customer inputs and requirements to improve, streamline and automate specific functional application areas; provide input to security considerations and infrastructure impacts of requirements.
- Communicate and provide status updates to management and customer groups of on-going project tasks.
ITC Job Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or Computer Information Systems; Associate’s degree in Computer Information Systems plus five (5) years of specific technical training plus seven (7) years of professional level experience with targeted computer applications, systems and professional level experience.
- Minimum of three (3) years of professional database experience, including experience in targeted high availability environments, as identified in job posting.
- Must possess sound analytical, problem-solving and documentation skills.
- Functional knowledge of computer operating systems used in targeted environment, as identified in job posting.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work with minimal supervision.
Additional Responsibilities and Qualifications for Job Posting
Environment: ABB or AREVA Transmission Management Systems; PI Data Historian or alternatives; Windows 7 or higher; UNIX
Tools: Microsoft Excel, Word, Access; PI data retrieval tools
Languages: SQL Query language
Applications: ABB / AREVA System configuration tools
Infrastructure: Real-Time Transmission Management Systems
Databases: SQL Server 2005 or higher, Oracle 10g or higher
ITC offers a competitive benefit package that includes medical, dental, vision, retirement, tuition reimbursement, and more.
ITC EEOC Statement
ITC Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer.
ITC Holdings Corp. - 8 months ago