The AMI System Analyst is responsible for managing, developing, and prioritizing all Mi.Net RF propagation studies to ensure timely responses to both budgetary and formal proposal requests. The system analyst is also expected to monitor deployed systems, develop network health and other reports for periodic management review, and aid in troubleshooting and improving underperforming networks. The AMI System Analyst will be a member of Tier 2 System Support, working in troubleshooting system related issues and helping internal and external customers.
- Monitor network health on a daily basis
- Develop Propagation Studies and Network Simulations
- Create and communicate performance reports
- Troubleshoot issues and remotely send updates to remedy problems
- Travel to customer sites as needed to troubleshoot network issues, upgrade firmware, etc
- Issue work orders to change defective radios
- Interface with customers on system related issues
- Provide input to engineering team for network enhancements
- Troubleshoot anomalies on web based programs
- Assist Project Managers and Field Specialists resolve software and database issues
- Remotely assist install Home Area Network devices as well as troubleshoot any Utility/Consumer Portal related issues
- Remotely internal and external customers in system related matters
- Assist with typical database tasks such as data management and maintenance
TECHNICAL SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills
- RF Network management, , MS Office especially Excel, Windows
- Knowledge of XML, TCP/IP, routers, relational DBMS, Photoshop, Google Earth Pro, SQL, GIS, EDX a plus.
- BS/BA in MIS, Computer Science, Operations Management related field or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Project management, RF networking, IT, or Utility/AMI experiences a plus.
Mueller Systems - 18 months ago
Mueller Systems provides Smart Metering solutions to optimize the delivery and use of energy and water. Municipalities that supply...