Deadlines/Schedules - The ability to complete, or oversee the completion of, job requirements on schedule, as well as the ability to communicate job status to management, fellow associates, and the client.
Cost-Effectiveness - The ability to produce and oversee quality work within profitability goals.
Communication Skills - The ability to provide effective communication between the client and all internal disciplines.
Customer Satisfaction/Follow-Up - The ability to establish a rapport with the client that can potentially lead to increased sales.
Development of Subordinates - The ability to assist in the development of associates into employees capable of promotion and acceptance of additional responsibility.
Strategic Skills - The amount and quality of planning, delegating, and proactive skills exhibited.
Team Building - The ability to raise and maintain morale through leadership and effective communication.
Interfaces with customer or government representatives as required during length of project. Responsible for producing/coordinating system design and/or product definition. Prepares multiple design alternatives with trade-off analysis. Applies knowledge across product lines. Serves as an authority on new product directions and solutions, keeping current with technology. Provides leadership in the definition, implementation and continuing evolution of a product or product family. Assists and directs other members of the organization through consulting, assistance with design issues at the subsystem/module as well as product and architectural levels, technical problem solving, training and planning associated with new product development as well as maintenance and enhancements to existing products. Works closely with Lead Applications Engineer, GUI Developer, and Information Engineer to ensure methods and standards are adhered and meet program requirements. Works at the direction of Technology SBU Manager. Travels frequently by air or vehicle as required.
Prefer bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field, and 3-5 years practical experience that includes the full software development life cycle (analysis, design, coding, testing, debugging, and documentation).
Education and Experience:
- Experience working within applications and DLLs, APIs, UNIX applications, Internet (HTML and Web scripting) sites, or relational databases.
- Automates conversion processes using full software development life cycle techniques.
- Ensures that all information is present in the proper sequence, format, and functionality to satisfy the quality requirements of the customer.
- Assists in development of customized GUI interfaces and filters for MS Word, FrameMaker, ArborText, Interleaf, and other desktop publishing applications.
- Creates macros, routines, and programs to help team members do their jobs more accurately and efficiently.
- Documents all development activities to accommodate future maintenance.
- Follows recommended practices for data protection and backup.
- Available for overtime per project requirements.
- Keeps abreast of the current developments in publishing technologies and software tools.
- Produces documentation or services in accord with a preestablished schedule or plan.
- Ability to work with no supervision.