Manage delivery of client technical specifications to project team with minimal guidance which includes requirements analysis and creating specifications; ensuring high quality deliverables are provided on time and within budget, to ensure customer satisfaction.
• Facilitate requirements gathering discussions and analysis with multiple clients
• Creates functional specifications for new study start-ups and existing Electronic Date Capture software systems
• Serve as primary point of contact for customers on technical deliverables and maintain strong customer relationships
• Collaborate with project teams to deliver/update specifications and related artifacts on time as scoped
• Investigates technical issues discovered during various phases of the SDLC/production and initiates resolution
• Provides expertise on the development and implementation of new technologies or tools
• Develops documentation templates and best practices to enhance efficiency and effectiveness of technical requirements gathering process
• Train and mentor junior staff and may coordinate the work of more junior level staff
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Previous experience and proven competence as a writer of high-quality technical documentation
• Superior written and verbal communication skills with an ability to write clearly and concisely with a strong attention to technical details
• Demonstrated experience of developing a wide range of documents which supports the full software engineering life cycle with an understanding of web technologies and the ability to grasp technical concepts.
• Experience with HTML, CSS, SQL, and/or XML desired
• Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
• Previous experience with clinical data management systems (CDMS) preferred
• Competence in project management and best practices
• Ability to work with minimal supervision, using available resources, e.g., functional managers, senior staff
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology/systems, technical writing, or mathematical sciences, or related field and a minimum of 5 years relevant experience; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Extensive use of keyboard requiring repetitive motion of fingers.
• Extensive use of telephone and face-to-face communication requiring accurate perception of speech.
• Regular sitting for extended periods of time.
• May require occasional travel.
EEO Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
USA02 - US Clinical Development Svcs
Quintiles Transnational - 7 months ago
Quintiles Transnational has plenty to CRO about. One of the world's top contract research organizations (CROs), it...