– Plano, TX
JOB OVERVIEW: Senior Systems Analyst. Applies technical knowledge in determining end to end design requirements for large projects involving line of business, software/hardware developers and vendors. Work closely with business partners to define strategies for technical solutions, determine requirements, and develop functional designs based on the analysis of line of business needs, objectives and existing systems infrastructure. Drives and participates in design, development and implementation of large and complex enterprise wide applications, often using new technologies. Work closely with developers and testers to ensure requirements and functional designs are translated accurately into working technical designs and that test plans and scripts serve customer needs. May manage projects including responsibility for a project and project budget. Works under minimal supervision on enterprise wide projects requiring creative solutions. IT degree preferred or substantially equivalent experience.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Participate in various projects; will be part of the analysis phases; meet with users, analysts, developers and test analyst; provide documentation on what system is doing today and features of changes; explain the “what and whys” the systems need features/changes.
ENVIRONMENT: Team oriented; will work with teams local and in different locations; will participate in many conference calls.
- Strong experience in technology, with emphasis on systems analysis and/or software development.
- Experience in a Systems Analyst role as part of full life cycle software projects.
- 2 years experience in a lead role (directing the efforts of one or more resources) for a minimum of two full life-cycle development projects.
- 2 years experience in data analysis activities, including: data querying using SQL tools, data mapping, data migration, writing specifications for system interfaces, XML
- 2 years experience with projects involving integration using XML and web services or similar technologies.
- 2 years experience with construction of process flows, use cases, state diagrams, conceptual models, reports and user interface design.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written formats with both technical and non-technical teams
- MUST be able to self manage and aggressively get the job done with minimal assistance.
- Ability to take initiative - have understanding how to run processes
- Strong communication skills - written and verbal; ability to probe for answers and document
- SDLC - Waterfall preferred but will consider Agile or others used in applicable projects
Monster - 18 months ago
Based in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Signature Consultants was established in 1997 with a singular focus: to provide clients and consultants...