The Web Master/Systems Analyst’s role is to plan, design, develop, and launch efficient web applications in support of core organizational functions. This individual will apply proven communication, analytical and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate and resolve systems issues in order to maximize the benefit of IT systems investments.
Strategy & Planning
• Assist in the planning, design, development, of new applications and enhancements to existing applications.
• Meet with decision makers, systems owners, and end users to define business requirements and systems goals, and identify and resolve business systems issues.
• Ensure compatibility and interoperability of in-house computing systems.
• Review and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems and develop strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems.
• Conduct research on emerging application development software products, languages, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts.
• Ensure that the companies brand is accurately and consistently presented on internal and customer facing web applications.
• Lead the gathering and analysis of end-user requirements.
• Analyze and assess existing business systems and procedures.
• Create test plans
• Create design proposals
• Assist in the deployment of new applications and enhancements to existing applications.
• Coordinate and perform in-depth tests, including end-user reviews, for modified and new systems.
• Develop page and site mockups and prototypes
• Design graphical images and page layouts
• Develop web pages using CSS, PHP, and Java
• Write programming scripts to enhance functionality and/or performance of company applications as necessary
• Perform root cause analysis for application outages and incidents
• Develop fixes for application bugs or issues
• Monitor and report the performance and effectiveness of customer facing web applications
Formal Education & Certification
• College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science, information science, management information systems, or business administration and 4-6 years related work experience.
Knowledge & Experience
• Proven experience in the design, development, and implementation of software solutions, systems, or products.
• Proven experience of Photoshop and Adobe Acrobat Professional
• Working technical knowledge of Java, PHP, HTML, CSS, Unix scripting, Groovy, SQL programming languages.
• Working knowledge of network and PC operating systems, including Windows, Redhat Linux
• Working knowledge of SVN and Maven
• Good project management skills.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Excellent listening and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to conduct research into systems issues and products as required.
• Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
• Highly self-motivated and directed.
• Keen attention to detail.
• Proven analytical and creative problem-solving abilities.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Strong customer service orientation.
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Occasional evening and weekend work to meet deadlines.
• Sitting for extended periods of time.
• Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and to handle other computer components.
• Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals.
Suddenlink Communications is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
Suddenlink - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
Cequel Communications, which operates through subsidiary Suddenlink, provides cable TV, high-speed Internet access, and phone...