The System Solutions Group at Micron Technology, Inc. is seeking a senior architect and visionary with comprehensive knowledge of Enterprise Storage and Computing markets. For more than 30 years, Micron's teams of dreamers, visionaries, and scientists have redefined innovation-designing and building some of the world's most advanced semiconductor technologies. We develop the technologies that transform what's possible. In fact, you likely use our memory every day-in products from computing, networking, and server applications, to mobile, embedded, consumer, automotive, and industrial designs. As one of the most prolific patent holders in the world we continually rethink, recast, and advance new ideas to bring innovation to broader markets and find ways our technology can inspire new applications or make fundamental improvements to existing designs. As we look toward the future, we'll continue to build on our past achievements and technologies that help drive innovation and growth in new markets.
The new Systems Architect for Micron's System Solutions Group will be expected to bring technical vision and customer interaction skills to this rapidly advancing technology sector. The Systems Architect reports to the head of the SSG Strategy Team, helps define the technology and product roadmaps and works with his team and Product Development peers to implement those roadmaps.
- Understanding, interpreting and analyzing the systems and storage requirements of SSG’s current and future customers.
- Analyzes technology trends for opportunities to satisfy those requirements.
- Communicate with current and future customers to ensure they have an appropriate understanding of SSG’s product plans.
- Work with other SSG team members to create and optimize product plans based on those customer requirements.
- Promote innovation and drives for changes that will provide SSG with a technical advantage over its competition.
- Serve as an organization spokesperson internally and externally.
- Provide detailed, expert analysis to team members and managers on SSG project, customer, market, technical or innovation issues.
- Use problem solving and analysis skills to reach decisions that mitigate risk.
- Contribute to the development of new product and feature proposals through BU approval processes.
- Translates technology and enterprise storage industry trend insights into strategic, technology and product roadmaps.
Qualified candidates will bring strong technical experience in enterprise storage and system design with an understanding and vision of the impact of storage and memory technologies to these products. The individual will also have a first class track record of customer interaction in a marketing or systems architecture role. Experience of delivering successful product solutions to market is required.
The ability to work effectively in a matrix environment where other staff support resources are distributed around the world is required. The ability to collaborate, formulate plans, organize an effective team, make persuasive presentations to senior management, and make midcourse adjustments will be key factors to this individual's success.
- Track record of eliciting, interpreting and analyzing customer requirements in the Systems and Storage space.
- Experienced in product architecture and specification.
- Architectural level understanding of hardware and software design discuplines.
- Can take a wide variety of diverse data to put together the “big picture”.
- Proven ability to develop robust proposal based on incomplete data: solves even the toughest and most complex of problems; great at gleaning meaning from whatever data is available; is a quick study of the new and different; adds personal wisdom and experience to come to the best conclusion and solution, given the situation; uses multiple problem-solving tools and techniques.
- Attention to detail and highly organized.
- Proven focus: Ability to separate the mission-critical from the nice-to-dos and the trivials; quickly senses what's the next most useful thing to work on; focuses on the critical few tasks that really add value and puts aside or delays the rest.
- Proven capability to manage diverse relationships: Relates well to a wide variety of diverse styles, types, and classes; open to differences; effective up, down, sideways, inside, and outside; builds diverse networks; quick to find common ground; treats differences fairly and equitably; treats everyone as a preferred customer.
- Inspires others: Is skilled at getting individuals, teams, and an entire organization to perform at a higher level and to embrace change; negotiates skillfully to achieve a fair outcome or promote a common cause; communicates a compelling vision and is committed to what needs to be done; inspires others; understands what motivates different people.
An undergraduate degree is required, preferably in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of Micron to administer all human resource actions and benefits without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran's or other legally-protected status. Each manager, supervisor, and team member is responsible for carrying out this policy.
The EEO Administrator in Human Resources is responsible for administration of this policy. The administrator will monitor compliance and is available to answer any questions on EEO matters. To request assistance with the application process, please contact Micron’s Human Resources Department at 1-800-336-8918 (or 208-368-4748).
Micron Technology, Inc - 8 months ago
Micron Technology is one of the largest memory chip makers in the world. It makes DRAM (Dynamic Random Access Memory), NAND Flash, and NOR...