A System Architect (SA) with broad, comprehensive technology knowledge and experience with high volume complex database and reporting systems is required to act as a top-level applications contributor, consultant and advisor. S/he will actively seek to understand end-to-end business flows while continually striving for system optimization as required for varying customer engagements and defined in customer scopes of work (SOWs). This person will assist with the following specific to IPC's Managed Service clients: customer/system requirements gathering, architecture/design of reporting platforms, system standup & implementation, system integration across client data sources, report generation/creation, training, and other ad-hoc requests. The SA will engage as the interface between, and consider the technology needs of; IPC, its customers and developers, to deliver various services across multiple customer engagements. Therefore, a solid understanding of the Financial Services industry and how technology can be best leveraged to provide trading communications support is ideal. The SA creates and/or contributes to business cases and exposes benefits, drivers, financial merits and risks of automation initiatives.
The Systems Architect leads initiatives for the development of new and sufficiently complex components within the domain areas of information, applications, and technology, in order to meet business objectives. Architect will participate in business and functional requirements sessions to establish the architectural direction for critical initiatives and resolve complex technical problems by developing new tools or techniques; facilitate and manage the implementation of a significant and complex architectural initiatives in cooperation with other technical members of the organization and IPC Clients; assess and approve 3rd party and internally developed components to achieve interoperability and to meet long term business goals; and evaluate vendor products, conduct proof of concepts and build proto-types.
- Evaluate current state and recommend/plan out future state of business systems
- Participate and/or lead business requirements and functional sessions to establish the architectural direction for critical company initiatives
- Coordinate, meet and hold technical peer reviews with subject matter experts and stakeholder communities to discuss and perform requirements and impact analysis to understand the required system architecture, interfaces and workflows.
- Identify risk areas and implement preventative measures
- Facilitate the integration of the Technology Standards and Technical Asset Repository processes with architecture review process, ensuring that technical solutions are evaluated against corporate standards and reuse facilities
- Assist Network Engineering in developing and implementing the technical architecture and physical design of the network support solutions including NMS.
- Assess and advise on security technologies and risks
- Facilitate the balanced scorecard process for Enterprise Architecture, collecting and reporting on project-level performance data
- Demonstrate the ability to indirectly manage others within a federated organization of architects by negotiating, using organizational awareness, and technical knowledge
- Actively research, evaluate and champion solutions that will drive competitive advantage and possibly reduce total cost of ownership
- Participate in decision framework and governance for future product selection (Buy-Sell-Hold)
- Technical problem solving with conformance to established or proposed policies and procedures
- Demonstrated experience in Implementing Business Analysis, should have extensive knowledge collecting data from various data sources and validating, combining, structuring, storing, distributing and analyzing data
- Deep understanding of databases with knowledge of relational databases
- In-depth knowledge of the application development life-cycle.
- Highly competent to perform at the highest technical level of system design
- Knowledge of emerging technologies and trends
- Ability to articulate rational for architecture and design decisions to both technical and managerial audiences
- Uses experience on multiple hardware and software environments and is comfortable with complex heterogeneous systems environments
- Knowledge of development technologies with the ability to architect multiple platforms, such as:
Web (.Net, Java, etc.), Client Server, Middleware, Messaging, Database (MS SQL Server, Oracle, MY SQL, etc.), Mobile & Networking
- Strong influencing, decision making, and mentoring abilities
- Strong collaboration and networking skills
- Excellent client interaction and customer service skills
- The desired Systems Architect will possess a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or the equivalent in education and work experience.
- Relevant experience of 8-10+ years in systems analysis application development & Networking required.
- Experience with state of the art application development support software packages and experience with some supervisory, management, and administrative tasks required.
For nearly four decades, IPC Systems, Inc. has delivered innovation and mission-critical trading technology and connectivity...