Objective of the Systems Architect:|
RMS is building a Cloud Platform from SCRATCH using the most exciting cloud technologies based on virtualization, scale out architecture, Openstack frameworks and elastic databases and high performance grid computing Vertica and Hadoop. We are proud of our energetic and positive culture that is a balance between technology and academia.
At RMS, we have big ideas around big data. We seek candidates that rise to challenges with the curiosity and mental dexterity to analyze and solve complex problems. We look for professionals who will bring a fresh perspective and a desire to make a huge impact. Let us know if this is your dream job.
RMS Platform and IT Infrastructure Services is looking for an individual who will deploy and support projects in the global datacenter with a primary focus on systems. The Systems Architect will work under the guidance of the Director - Infrastructure Architecture to continuously improve the overall datacenter infrastructure. This individual will also serve as a lead for less experienced members of the team.
First and foremost, you are a technologist with a passion for excellence who thrives on working in a fast paced and highly energized environment alongside a team providing operational support, capacity planning and implementation for services in our internal and external datacenters.
Key Accountabilities & Deliverables:
- Conduct and participate in software/hardware evaluations and integration testing of various components in the application stack
- Planning, design, and implementation of Microsoft Active Directory, Exchange, and Sharepoint
- Planning, design, and implementation of collaboration solutions
- Work with peer Architects to come up with an infrastructure design and strategy
- Engage with multiple internal teams and collect technical and business requirements
- Serves as the senior resource for server equipment and software in the global datacenter
- Participates in server maintenance activities
- Serve as an escalation point for global Operations teams
- Maintains up-to-date documentation of existing infrastructure
- 7-10 years of experience as an IT Systems Architect or Principal Engineer with at least 5 years working in a lead capacity.
- Demonstrated experience designing and supporting complex distributed computing environments at different locations
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple problems and issues with minimal supervision
- Technical experience with Microsoft technologies, Active Directory, and Messaging Services (Exchange 2007 or 2010)
- Solid troubleshooting skills with Windows (Windows 2003/2008) and Linux (RHEL and CentOS)
- In-depth experience of Virtualization technologies (VMware/Citrix).
- Working knowledge of ITIL and release/change management
- Working knowledge of Server hardware from HP and Cisco
- BS in Computer Science or related technical degree required, or equivalent experience
- Windows Server 2012
- Microsoft Enterprise Applications such as SCCM
- MS Lync
- OS certifications such as MCITP or RHCE
- VMware (VCP) or Citrix certifications
- Catered lunch every Thursday
- Free hot/cold beverages and snacks
- Game room
- Workout facility, fitness classes and nearby hiking trails
- Bike lockers
- Interesting Friday afternoon presentations with beverages and food monthly
- EV chargers (coming March 2013)
There’s a 6% chance that a hurricane will cause $75 billion of insured losses next year and a 1% chance that an earthquake will cause $50 billion of insured loss in the next 12 months. At RMS, we build simulation models that allow insurers and investors to understand their financial risks as a result of natural catastrophes, terrorism, pandemics, or changes in life expectancy.
RMS - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard
Transforming the insurance industry's understanding and quantification of risk.
RMS delivers the world's leading catastrophe risk models in...