Provides direction and technical guidance for planning, directing and monitoring operating system software and hardware. Analyzes project requirements and recommends enhancements to fit architectural strategies. Installs and maintains operating systems software, system and operation oriented program products for a large central server environment. Designs and implements hardware and software configurations. Monitors central server software and hardware to ensure system availability. Evaluates, builds, tests and migrates systems software for the central server computers. Provides on-call support and problem determination and resolution. Prepares and maintains system documentation and operating procedures.
Your Career is Here.
- Five or more years of experience with large IBM central server environment as a systems programmer
- Strong working knowledge and understanding of systems software and design
- Good knowledge of data processing environment and its impact on business functions
- Ability to troubleshoot, identify and resolve moderately complex to complex systems software problems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
1st - Daytime
Average Hours Per Week