As a member of an R&D team working in the NAND Solutions Group at Micron, the Systems Design Engineer will join a team that designs and supports embedded platforms that enable Micron’s NOR, NAND, DRAM and Phase-Change Memory (PCM) silicon products. The team's main focus is design and prototyping of next generation Solid State Drives (SSDs), requiring that the engineer be experienced in hardware design, low level software, and embedded firmware.
In this position your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- FPGA design in SystemVerilog/Verilog
- Firmware development in C/C++
- PCB design
- Debugging of FPGA and SoC based, high-speed memory systems
- Benchmarking and identifying areas for design improvements
- Validation of FPGA logic and embedded firmware
- In depth understanding of FGPA architecture, design flow, and tool environments
- Simulation experience with Modelsim or equivalent
- SystemVerilog/Verilog/VHDL and C/C++
- Understanding of build environments and debug tools for SoCs, specifically ARM based systems
- Strong technical communication ability and problem solving skills
- Self-starter, capable of working well in a cross-functional and cross-site team
- Prior experience in storage, enterprise storage, SAS/SATA, and anything Solid State Disk (SSD)
- Design experience with PCIe based systems
- Design experience of both high speed and low power systems
- Experience with VMM, OVM, or UVM
- Familiarity with memory architectures of NOR, NAND, PCM and DRAM
- Experience with low level software drivers (Windows, Linux, etc)
- Minimum of BS in Electrical or Computer Engineering or equivalent plus 5 years experience
It has been and will continue to be the policy of Micron to administer all human resource actions and benefits without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran's or other legally-protected status. Each manager, supervisor, and team member is responsible for carrying out this policy.
The EEO Administrator in Human Resources is responsible for administration of this policy. The administrator will monitor compliance and is available to answer any questions on EEO matters. To request assistance with the application process, please contact Micron’s Human Resources Department at 1-800-336-8918 (or 208-368-4748).
Micron Technology is one of the largest memory chip makers in the world. It makes DRAM (Dynamic Random Access Memory), NAND Flash, and NOR...