This dynamic and self-starting individual will be responsible to our Enterprise Services team for designing, building, configuring, maintaining and administering key enterprise software and services. This includes virtual server software management, process and systems management tools and metrics, enterprise batch scheduling software, service center software, data movement software and project tracking software.
The System Administrator must be able to work closely with Bluestem business units, especially IT to identify and develop the appropriate solutions. They must have strong verbal and written communication skills, have the ability to work well with others in IT as well as with each business unit and have a the ability to cross train others.
Key responsibilities include administering the following enterprise services: BizTalk, Websphere MQ, MSMQ, ActiveMQ, Microsoft System Center 2012 (SCCM,SCOM, SCSM), Citrix and VMware.
Additional responsibilities include building ITIL processes, assessing new products and technologies as well as creating and refining system standards and best practices for the enterprise software and services. Job responsibilities include helping provide level 3 24x7 support as needed for these critical systems.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/MIS or equivalent work experience.
- Enterprise Service Bus/Message Broker tools experience (Microsoft BizTalk and MSMQ, Apache ActiveMQ and IBM Websphere MQ preferred)
- Proven ability to understand and interpret business needs and identify appropriate business and technical solutions.
- Strong decision making skills and the ability to solve complex problems.
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005, 2008, 2008 R2, 2012 experience is a plus.
- VMware and/or Citrix experience is a plus.
- Microsoft System Center 2012 (SCOM preferred, SCCM and SCSM experience is a plus).
- Process and systems management experience (ITIL experience and certification is a plus).
Bluestem Brands is proud to be named to Star Tribune's Top Workplaces 2013.
Bluestem Brands, Inc., headquartered in suburban Minneapolis,...