This dynamic and self-starting individual will be responsible to our Enterprise Services team for designing, building, configuring, maintaining and administering key enterprise software and services. This includes virtual server software management, process and systems management tools and metrics, enterprise batch scheduling software, service center software, data movement software and project tracking software.
The System Administrator must be able to work closely with Bluestem business units, especially IT to identify and develop the appropriate solutions. They must have strong verbal and written communication skills, have the ability to work well with others in IT as well as with each business unit and have a the ability to cross train others.
Key responsibilities include administering the following enterprise systems: Microsoft System Center (SCCM, etc.), BizTalk, HP Service Manager, ActiveBatch Scheduling software, Project Server/PWA, MQ Series, Connect Direct, Electronic File Transfer (EFT), VMWare virtual server farms and a Hyper-V proof of concept (POC) project.
Additional responsibilities include building ITIL processes, assessing new products and technologies as well as creating and refining system standards and best practices for the enterprise software and services. Job responsibilities include helping provide level 3 24x7 support as needed for these critical systems.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/MIS or equivalent work experience.
- VMWare and/or Hyper-V virtual machine experience.
- Microsoft System Center (i.e. SCCM, Service Manager, Orchestrator) experience.
- Service Center Software experience (HP Service Manager
- Process and systems management experience (ITIL experience and certification is a plus).
- Enterprise scheduling tool experience (ActiveBatch v7/v9 administration experience preferred).
- Microsoft Project Server 2007/2010 (PWA) experience.
- Data movement tools experience (i.e. BizTalk, EFT, FTP, MQ Series, Connect Direct, SSIS)
- Proven ability to understand and interpret business needs and identify appropriate business and technical solutions.
- Strong decision making skills and the ability to solve complex problems.
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005, 2008, 2008 R2, 2012 experience is a plus.
Bluestem Brands, Inc. - 13 months ago
Bluestem Brands is proud to be named to Star Tribune's Top Workplaces 2013.
Bluestem Brands, Inc., headquartered in suburban Minneapolis,...