Position: Systems Engineer, Virtualization
Location: San Francisco
Duration: Full Time
As the Systems Engineer at Demandforce, you will be responsible for delivering our solution to our 30,000+ small business customers. You will be responsible for planning the future of our systems infrastructure that is growing at an incredible rate of over 100% year over year.
We deliver a suite of unique SaaS solutions for our customers in the SMB market. We use Agile and SCRUM to develop and deploy our SaaS services and we leverage the latest development and deployment techniques. If you have a passion for deploying SaaS applications at a company in hyper-growth mode, this job is for you!
If you can answer yes to 3 or more of those questions, this job is for you!
- Do you dream about virtualization and how to automate deployments in your sleep?
- Have you played with VMWare, VirtualBox, Xen, KVM, OpenVZ, LXC in your spare time?
- Does your application in AWS have auto-scaling?
- Do you get satisfaction from watching green lights on your extensive monitoring dashboard?
- Does brainstorming new ways of deploying, monitoring, and maintaining hundreds or thousands of systems with the least human touch necessary sound like fun to you?
- Do you experiment with new storage technology?
- Have you automated backups for hundreds of systems and restored them bare metal just to make sure it works?
- Can you explain the difference between full virtualization, paravirtualization, and containers virtualization?
- Do you obsessively update your systems with the latest security patches and software releases?
- Do you setup Eucalyptus and OpenStack on your laptop just to see how many VMs you can run on it simultaneously?
- Are you a master of Bash, Perl, or Python, and are unafraid to dive into any other language to get the job done?
- Do you do math in binary or hex and can explain how to apply a netmask to your grandmother?
- Do you have a degree in CS or engineering, or can out-script someone who does?
We've got top-notch management, a great team of dedicated and passionate individuals, and we're backed by some legendary players in Silicon Valley who have funded some of the hottest web start-ups you use every day. We are looking for high caliber individuals to join our team as we continue to build on our great momentum.
- 3 - 4 years experience system administration
- Strong virtualization experience
- Passion for keeping up with the latest Linux technologies
Demandforce, Inc., a leading online marketing and communication software service from Intuit Inc. (Nasdaq: INTU), helps local businesses thrive in the Internet economy using email communications, text messaging and online services. Demandforce combines an award winning communication platform with best-in-class reputation and networking tools into one powerful web-based application that seamlessly integrates with existing workflow systems to help build businesses a strong online reputation and leverage local network marketing. Founded in 2003, Demandforce has collected over 1.6 Million consumer reviews, which are published across the Web, and has generated over 1.5 Billion dollars for its clients. Through the Demandforce Network, its end clients are connected to over 30 Million local consumers. For more information on how you can utilize Demandforce for your business, please visit www.demandforce.com. You can email email@example.com.
Demandforce - 15 months ago