The Systems Engineer II is an intermediate level position who will manage and maintain critical servers in a complex network environment, with more than 1000 servers. The incumbent must be able to resolve issues quickly, accurately and comprehensively by drawing upon experience and training. The incumbent may serve as lead support engineer for specific applications, systems, and projects.
• Administering servers and server applications including applying security patches, software updates and OS upgrades.
• Troubleshooting server problems and take necessary steps to resolve during and after business hours.
• Participate in disaster recovery planning and testing.
• Participate in projects which may involve coordination with IT personnel at various locations.
• Administer and maintain critical business systems.
• Develop and build new systems, and integrate them into the current network topology with no negative impact on the business units.
• Document and maintain procedures regarding responsible systems and servers.
• On-call 24x7, expected to respond to wide range of hardware and software problems. The Systems Engineer II can expect to be called during overnight hours 1-2 times per week to solve critical system problems.
*PLEASE NOTE: Depending upon qualifications of applicants, another level may be substituted for this position.
• College degree in Information Technology field or equivalent experience.
• Minimum 5 years of system administrator experience in a client-server environment
• Complete understanding of Citrix XenServer 6 Hypervisor environment
• Complete understanding of Citrix XenApp 6 environment
• Complete understanding of Citrix XenDesktop environment • Complete understanding of Active Directory including user account management, Group Policy, permissions, etc.
• Thorough Understanding of Active Directory architecture and design
• Thorough understanding of Windows 2000, 2003, 2008 server operating system
• Demonstrated success in a high volume, 24x7 production environment.
• Must have excellent troubleshooting and problem resolution skills • Able to function both independently and in a team environment
• Able to be on-call 24x7, expected to respond to wide range of hardware and software problems. The Systems Engineer II can expect to be called frequently during overnight hours to solve server issues.
• MCSE, or an equivalent job-related certification preferred
• CCEE (Citrix Certified Enterprise Engineer), or an equivalent job-related certification preferred
• Knowledge of maintenance best practice processes and formal change-management procedures
• Able to troubleshoot and resolve quickly server issues on critical business systems
• Demonstrate the ability to successfully perform job duties with moderate supervision
• Demonstrate the ability to complete project assignments successfully
• Knowledge of infrastructure maintenance best practice processes and formal change-management procedures • Intermediate understanding of TCP/IP, IP addressing, subnetting, FTP, SMTP, HTTP/HTTPS, DNS, DHCP, etc….
Farm Family - 20 months ago