BAE Systems supports NAWCAD Code 4.5.9, providing a wide range of technical services in developing and maintaining Identification systems (IDS) and Air Traffic Control (ATC) systems to support the Warfighter. We seek a motivated and positive minded Engineer skilled in the Systems Engineering domain, to join our cross functional, multi-disciplined teams.
The selected candidate would support one of NAWCAD Program Office Sponsors with systems engineering, test, and integration activities in the domain of Navy airside systems. Work may include but is not limited to the following examples: reviewing technical documents, responding to action items, analyzing and recommending technical solutions for complex systems, integration of various Navy airside systems, etc. This tasking will require working within an interdisciplinary group of acquisition, engineering, system integration, technical professionals, and additional personnel types from both Government and Contractor organizations. Tasking may often include working in an environment without consistent and direct supervision, so applicants should be highly motivated and able to work independently.
Technical knowledge and experience should include ADS-B, Navy air, Mode S, avionics, and air integration. Professional experience in the stated areas should include 6 or more years.
It is preferred that applicants have experience with Mode 5, IFF, ATC, CORE, DOORS, Navy ship side, and/or other IFF/ATC and System Engineering specific skills, though it is not required. Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or Systems Engineering
- At least six years related experience
- Ability to obtain and maintain a secret security clearance
- Knowledge of ADS-B, Mode S, and Navy air integration
- Knowledge of coordinating and overseeing system/product integration
- Experience using CMMI, ISO, IEEE, DOD Acquisition Systems Engineering, or equivalent engineering processes and best practices
- Knowledge of producing and/or reviewing technical documents, specifications and standards
- Knowledge of estimating systems cost and schedules by reviewing statements of work for new and revised projects Preferences:
- Knowledge of and experience with IFF, ATC, Mode 5, Navy ship experience
- DOD Acquisition knowledge
- Experience with DOD IA Certification and - Accreditation Process (DIACAP)
- Experience with CORE, DOORS, or related requirements development and management tools
BAE Systems is a premier global defense, aerospace and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Support Solutions (S2) sector provides a wide range of products and services, including engineering, systems integration, ship repair, and readiness & sustainment for military and commercial customers throughout the product life cycle, anywhere around the world. This sector is headquartered in Washington, D.C. Core capabilities include:
• Expertise as a leading provider of non-nuclear ship repair and overhaul services
• Sustainment services to extend the viability of existing land and maritime platforms at home and in theater, while modernizing to meet evolving threats
• Experienced partner providing seamless, onsite management of military and government customer operations
• High-volume producer of protective and load-carrying gear for military personnel
People are the greatest asset in any Company. BAE Systems is committed to a high performance culture and provides an environment that challenges our employees to be remarkable and obtain their full potential.
We are an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer that understands the value of diversity and its impact on a high performance culture.
BAE Systems is the premier trans-Atlantic defense and aerospace company, delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and...