- Bachelor's Degree
Mary Washington Healthcare is currently seeking a System Engineer III positions in the Technology Architecture Group.
The Systems Engineer III will use their expertise in networking, storage, and virtualization to implement new technologies and design solutions that support new system deployment and high-quality service delivery consistent with ITIL and ITSM frameworks.
Position responsibilities include but are not limited to developing and generating conceptual, logical, and physical information technology architecture and resulting artifacts, including documents and drawings, configuration policies and guidelines, testing, analyses, test plans, and risk assessments to ensure sound IT service delivery. The individual will also be responsible for project management of the technology component of larger clinical and/or financial system deployments and will manage the development-to-production service transition process for respective projects. The Systems Engineer III will serve as a third-level escalation point for serious system issues by utilizing industry best practices, critical thinking, internal resources, and business partners to troubleshoot and identify root causes in a timely manner.
The main function of this position is to analyze, design, develop, implement, test, monitor, maintain, support and document the Mary Washington Healthcare (MWHC) server and storage infrastructure.
The incumbent in this position will support the mission, vision, values and strategic initiatives of MWHC and must demonstrate a commitment to quality service to patients, physicians, the public and co-workers.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Participates in the development and maintenance of MWHC equipment and architectural standards for enterprise servers and storage.
- Participates in the development and maintenance of MWHC Information Lifecycle Management (ILM) strategies.
- Responsible for the design, configuration, test, maintenance and documentation of the MWHC Storage Area Network (SAN) infrastructure; disk arrays, storage controllers, fabric switches, tape libraries, iSCSI, NAS and Fiber Channel connectivity.
- Responsible for the design, configuration, test, maintenance and documentation of MWHC physical and virtual servers; clustered and non-clustered environments.
- Installation, configuration and management of MWHC application and database servers including Microsoft Windows Server 200x operating systems, VMWare ESX Server, vSphere, Citrix XenServer and Altiris.
- Prepares and maintains capacity plans associated with MWHC data centers and distribution facilities; storage, network and power and HVAC environmental parameters.
- Participates in the design, implementation and management of the MWHC Active Directory (AD), Single-Sign- On/Identity & Access Management (SSO/IAM), Monitoring/ Management, Messaging, Security and Remote Access infrastructure.
- Actively participates in the design and implementation of operational practices associated with server, storage and data center operations; incident, change, patch and release management.
- Provides second-level engineering and technical support to the IS Service Desk and other IS Analysts. Processes service requests and maintains current status using MWHC service request process and various tools including Altiris.
- Conducts research as necessary in support of on-going operations, standards development or strategic planning. Prepares and delivers presentations, business cases and other deliverables as required.
- Maintains an inventory of all MWHC data center hardware and software.
- Serves as project manager for complex technical projects and sub-projects.
- Interfaces with MWHC vendors, business partners and users as necessary.
- Coaching, mentoring Quality Assurance (QA) of work performed by junior staff.
- Participates in MWHC Disaster Recovery activities as required
- Participates in 7x24 on-call as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- BS CS/IS related + Min 4 years relevant experience or 9 Years technical experience + relevant certifications per responsibilities.
- Significant knowledge of storage technologies; RAID Arrays, Data De-duplication and Archiving required.
- Experience with the following specific technologies required: EMC Clariion Storage Arrays, EMC Data Domain, and EMC Networker.
- EMC Storage Administrator (EMCSA) certification preferred.
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE), Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS), or Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP) preferred.
- Thorough understanding of Internet Protocol (IP) addressing, Domain Name Service (DNS) and Dynamic Host Communication Protocol (DHCP) required.
- Experience provisioning and administering Lotus Notes, Microsoft Exchange and/or Sharepoint environments preferred.
- Experience implementing and administering Email Encryption, Data Loss Prevention (DLP), Network Access Control (NAC) and End Point Security solutions preferred.
- Experience with installing, administering and maintaining SQL databases preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications including Microsoft Project and Visio preferred.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification prefer red
Mary Washington Healthcare - 2 years ago