The Information and Sensor Solutions Business Area provides integrated Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR), Electronic Warfare (EW), and Information Operations (IO) sensor system solutions for national security customers.
This is a tremendously interesting, challenging, and complex work effort requiring the very best applicants. At the current time we are looking for a Systems Engineer.
If you meet these qualifications, are interested in joining our unique team and being part of this growing effort, please apply as indicated.
The engineer should be a self-starter with excellent troubleshooting abilities and the ability to isolate and resolve system failures; be familiar with RF test equipment to include Spectrum Analyzers, Signal Generators, Oscilloscopes, Vector Network Analyzers, Multi-meters; able to read/comprehend electrical schematics, block diagrams and engineering drawings; have experience working on classified programs/projects; and hold a current Secret (or higher) security clearance.
• Multi-disciplined engineer
• Knowledge of interface and design documentation such as functional block diagrams
• Familiarity with RF test equipment to include Spectrum Analyzers, Signal Generators, Oscilloscopes, Vector Network Analyzers, Multi-meters
• Familiarity with PCB design, layout and fabrication processes
• Ability to read / comprehend electrical schematics, block diagrams and engineering drawings
• Experience with integrating and testing modern communication protocols
• Ability to analyze system requirements and support design recommendations
• Familiarity with embedded operation systems and networking
• COMINT and / or ELINT subsystem integration and testing experience
• Self-starter with excellent troubleshooting abilities and the ability to isolate and resolve system failures
• Understand, plan, and execute technical activities in accordance with SNC policies, procedures, and work instructions and specific Customer requirements
• Originate specifications, control documents, verification and validation plans, procedures, reports, and other documentation in support of design and development activities
• Assemble, test, and maintain circuitry or electronic components according to engineering instructions, technical manuals and knowledge of electronics
• Responsible for the design and development of units from concept through qualification
• Able to think independently and analyze processes and recommend product improvements / enhancements for production assemblies
• Originate specifications, control documents, verification and validation plans, procedures, reports, or other documentation in support of design and development activities
• Experience working on classified programs/projects
• Excellent written/oral communication skills including the ability to brief customers on current project status and design activities
• Must be able to work in a highly collaborative, fast paced environment with emphasizes in rapid prototyping and fielding of capabilities
• Willing to be mentored by senior engineers for developing new product activities and developing experience dealing directly with customers
• Note: Current Secret security clearance required; TS/SCI clearance highly desired
• Must have at least a BS in an engineering/technical field (Master's preferred) and minimum of 6 years related experience (10 years preferred)
• Paid relocation available to qualified candidates
• SKILLS DESIRED:
• Prior Military Experience
• Prior Field experience with classified platforms / subsystems
• RF Link Budget Calculations, Cascaded Noise Figure Analysis
• Antenna Integration and Test Experience
Sierra Nevada Corporation - 2 years ago
Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC), headquartered in Sparks, Nev., is one of America’s fastest growing private companies based on its...