ABOUT THE COMPANY: http://www.telecomsys.com/products/public-safety/default.aspx
When it comes to mission-critical wireless communications, TeleCommunication Systems, Inc. (TCS) ( NASDAQ: TSYS ) solves some of the toughest technical challenges. We produce solutions for communications that demand proven high levels of reliability, security, and availability. Communication solutions such as:
We are leaders in making the emergency infrastructure of America compatible with the latest multimedia communications technologies.
- Secure deployable communication systems
- Location-based wireless infrastructure and apps
- Telematics and navigation
- VoIP Enhanced 9-1-1 services (E9-1-1. I2 / I3)
- Text messaging infrastructure for wireless operators
- Information assurance and cyber-security
- Engineered satellite-based services
- Professional services for communications solutions
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
Provide engineering and design support for TCS’s production network architectures. Manage network performance and capacity planning of Wireless E911 and Data Services Networks. Implement network strategies to support new wireless-based locations services. Ensure on-going capability of Wireless E911 network to support advanced features and comply with evolving standards.
- Perform network element (servers, switches, routers, firewalls) capacity management analysis
- Work with engineering groups to ensure network elements remain in compliance (IOS, OS, patches) with TCS standards
- Provide review of functional specifications and design documentation for effective deployment and operation of network services.
- Assist with root cause analysis studies of problems associated TCS service offerings.
- Prepare documentation supporting network elements requirement, connectivity, implementation, and testing from an operational perspective.
- Maintain Quality Process Procedures to ensure the accuracy and effectiveness of deliverables.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge and understanding of SQL/MySQL
- UNIX/Linux administration/engineering
- Knowledge and understanding of TCP/IP and its suite of protocols.
- Knowledge of Cisco router configuration and operation (or equivalent).
- Knowledge of Juniper firewall configuration and operation (or equivalent).
- Knowledge of and the understanding of the importance of change control processes on critical 99.999 networks.
- Ability to excel in a team environment that emphasizes total cooperation and mutual respect.
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent experience in a technical arena.
- Minimum 5 years experience in a networking administration/engineering capacity.
- Minimum 5 years experience in a UNIX/Linux administration/engineering capacity.
- Experience with Cisco equipment.
- Cisco Certification or equivalent preferred.
- Linux/Solaris Certification preferred
- Detail-oriented, with strong analytical skills.
- Willing to work overtime and on-call as necessary to meet project deadlines.
- Able to work in a Tier III support role.
TeleCommunication Systems, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer