Fannie Mae exists to expand affordable housing and bring global capital to local communities in order to serve the U.S. housing market. Today, our focus is on preventing foreclosures, making mortgages and rental housing as affordable as possible, and supporting the housing recovery. We are rapidly building and realigning our company to better serve the market as we support the Administration's Homeowner Affordability and Stability Plan.
Join our dedicated, diverse, high-performing workforce and put your unique talents to good use as we work with our partners to advance our nation's housing recovery.
For more information about Fannie Mae and our career opportunities, visit www.fanniemae.com.
The individual in this position will work on Fannie Mae's implementation of certain programs under the U.S. Department of the Treasury's ("Treasury") Making Home Affordable initiative. U.S. citizenship status is required by Treasury for such individual, as is execution of a nondisclosure agreement and compliance with other Fannie Mae requirements per Treasury's guidelines.
Code, test, and debug new software and make enhancements to existing software and systems to render their use more efficient. Using knowledge of systems engineering or computer programming, troubleshoot existing systems and streamline their operation. Maintain, patch, and program operating systems to allow applications running on them to function efficiently. May document standard operation of a system or technical measures taken or recommended to improve a system's functionalities.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Monitor operations of a network or an environment of servers on which a cluster of specific applications operate. Track and research business solutions running in this environment in terms of efficient performance or obstacles to smooth production.
- Troubleshoot more difficult or complex production slowdowns or bottlenecks and determine if OS environment or network is causing problem.
- Document measures taken to patch or upgrade OS and testing done to ensure continued smooth production.
- Maintain or perform system upgrades, including installing up to date patches and service packs. Serve on or help lead larger projects involving team resources as a key technical resource.
- May control or manage system access; train and support users (fellow team members).
- Support system users, responding with limits of the 24/7 systems service level agreement. This includes device, configuration, and monitoring requests from users.
- Provide work guidance or technical assistance to less senior engineers.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 6 years of related experience
- Ten or more years of working in the software development projects as a system engineer, configuration management engineer or developer
- Ten or more years of knowledge in the software development cycle, software deployment and configuration management
- Five or more years of deploying installing in-house or commercial software by following defined processes and procedures
- Five or more years of CM experience in designing, developing and implementing ClearQuest schema, ClearCase UCM configuration and administration experience in a UNIX environment
- Five or more years of knowledge of CM methodologies and ability to automate CM process
- Five or more years of UNIX (Sun Solaris), Perl, Shell scripts, ant and makefiles
- Experience using the ClearQuest problem tracking tool and cleartool commands
- Ability to work effectively in a team or matrixed environment
- Ability to learn different technologies quickly
- Ability to adapt to changing environment and requirements as well as the ability to support multiple projects
- Experience and proficiency in customer service, problem solving, and communication (verbal and written)
- Good Scripting kills in VB and Perl
- Good interpersonal skills, as the individual must represent the team in requirements meetings and work with teams on implementing CQ Schema changes
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a credit check for positions in some areas of our business.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are looking for employees who are intent on helping us achieve something remarkable. Since 2009, we have made tremendous progress in...