Systems Engineer (Job Number: 318295)
The Defense and Maritime Solutions Business Unit has an upcoming need for a Systems Engineer. He/She will apply systems analysis and operational procedures to complex scientific or operational systems in a broad area such as requirements development, engineering, interface design, training, routine operations, and interoperability. Requires competence in operational techniques and familiarity with management practices in one or more subject-matter areas.
Qualifications:TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Operate, maintain or modify complex weapons systems or -systems of systems. Assist in formulating requirements; advise on alternatives and on the implications of new or revised systems; identify omissions and errors in requirements. Assist in the development of system design for approved projects. Interpret information and informally arbitrate between system users when conflicts exist.
- Analyze systems data using standard analysis tools for compliance and/or deviation from published specifications. Be familiar with combat systems operation and performance specifications to recognize deviations.
- Good interpersonal and communications required! Applicant will be working closely with persons from many Branches and Disciplines and will be required to make his findings clear to all.
- Conduct research in a field or specialization of a scientific or operational discipline to discover facts or perform research directed toward investigation, evaluation, and application of known scientific, mathematical, or operational theories and principles.
- Evaluate and develop new concepts, or processes.
- Prepare or review technical reports for use by engineering, operational, or management personnel for long and short range planning or for use by personnel in technical services activities.
Bachelor’s Degree in related field plus six years technical or operational experience OR eight years
technical or operational experience in the related field.
Position Specific Experience/Skills
A candidate with a background in C4I (GCCS, ISNS, CANES, etc) is a plus.
- Two (2) yrs analysis experience involving Data Analysis and subsequent reporting for Naval Combat Systems and Subsystems in general, and Aegis Combat and Weapons systems specifically.
- Minimum Two (2) yrs Windows and Microsoft Office experience. Must be able to create, modify, review and report Spreadsheets, Doccuments and Presentations.
- Knowledge of Navy AEGIS weapon System, and familiar with AEGIS Acronyms and Terminology.
- Qualified and physically able to spend time on Naval Vessels for five (5) or more days consecutively.
SAIC is a FORTUNE 500® scientific, engineering, and technology applications company that uses its deep domain knowledge to solve problems of vital importance to the nation and the world, in national security, energy & environment, health and cybersecurity. The company's approximately 41,000 employees serve customers in the U.S. Department of Defense, the intelligence community, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, other U.S. Government civil agencies and selected commercial markets. Headquartered in McLean, Va., SAIC had annual revenues of approximately $10.6 billion for its fiscal year ended January 31, 2012. For more information, visit www.saic.com. SAIC: From Science to Solutions®
Job Posting: Nov 16, 2012, 10:29:48 AM
Primary Location: United States-VA-KING GEORGE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Yes, 10% of the time
SAIC - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
SAIC, Inc. is a provider of scientific, engineering, systems integration and technical services and solutions to all branches of the United...