The Capital Group Companies, Inc. is a global leader in investment management. Our businesses encompass The American Funds, one of the largest mutual fund groups in the U.S.; and a globally diverse institutional investment group managing large pools of capital such as pensions and endowments.
The Infrastructure organization is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer to focus on the design and delivery of infrastructure solutions supporting application and project efforts. The successful candidate will accurately and thoroughly represent the Infrastructure organization’s capabilities and strategic direction while delivering cost-effective and high-performance technology solutions to support key business applications and functions.
Working as part of a small team, the Senior Systems Engineer will focus on specific tasks while acting as a contributor and driver to larger efforts with more broadly defined goals. The desired candidate is technically astute with deep knowledge in a variety of technologies and is able to coordinate and manage execution, engagement and delivery. Time will be balanced between contributing to a collaborative design process, executing on strategic initiatives, developing reusable design patterns to streamline execution, and advocating for external needs within the Infrastructure organization.
Experience in the design and operation of large scale enterprise infrastructure, database, and application systems
• Experience developing, or contributing to the development of, an enterprise architecture and/or infrastructure architecture framework strongly desired
• Demonstrated judgment in optimizing customer needs, business constraints, and technological realities
• Strong background in Windows, Linux, and Solaris Operating Systems
• Experience working with network and storage technologies
• Background working with highly virtualized and cloud based technologies
• Demonstrated ability to define and document technical architecture
• Ability to work well with internal and external teams
• Exceptional written and verbal communication and presentation skills
• Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and time management skills
• Self-directed and results-oriented with a strong commitment to quality and on-time delivery
• Strong relationship building skills with business-focused analysts and leaders, application developers, project managers, and infrastructure SMEs
• Ability to work within strict deadlines and navigate tough situations both internally and externally
• Ability to provide strategic influence across groups, projects and products to implement cost-effective technology solutions to solve complex business problems and provide long-term systems strategy and vision
Deep technical expertise in at least one of the following: Microsoft Windows, RHEL or Solaris (All Preferred)
o Deployment and Configuration
o Development Software Stacks
o Scripting and Automation
• Understanding of virtualization technologies and a track record of delivering successful infrastructures using virtualized infrastructure
• Strong Routing and Switching network skills (understanding of TCP/IP core protocols and functions)
• Working knowledge and experience using a scripting (PowerShell, Perl) or programming language (Python, Java, .NET) to automate and accelerate delivery of infrastructure technology solutions
• 5+ years experience in engineering technology infrastructure solutions
Capital Group Companies - 17 months ago
The Capital Group Companies, founded in 1931, has built a business being a steady Eddy for its clients. As a rule, the investment firm...