About the Position:
The Unix Administrator will provide Unix server administration in flavors of Unix OS, primarily AIX. Assist in strategic and tactical planning with in the Systems team.
Requirements and Preferred Requirements
- Administration of AIX, Solaris, Red Hat Linux, HP/UX.
- Operating system upgrades and patching, including system firmware, adapter microcode and HMC code.
- Configuration and management of lvm, including file systems.
- Configuration of network properties and access policies.
- Monitoring and fine tuning for system performance using system tools.
- Auditing system security, user accounts and file/folder permission.
- Tuning system performance based on customer inputs.
- Writing shell scripts to accomplish day to day system administration task
- 5 + years of UNIX (AIX v5.X, 6.1, 7.1) systems experience in a 24×7 environment
- Minimum of 3-5 years of work experience in UNIX environment, Solaris, Red Hat Linux, HPUX .
- Experience and deep knowledge of IBM pSeries hardware in a partitioned and virtualized environment.
- Experience and deep knowledge of HACMP clustering, or other clustering products.
- Scripting knowledge (Perl/Python/Bash)
- Experience in Disaster recovery planning,
- Strong TCP/IP Networking knowledge
- Experience in routing and switching is a plus
- Strong knowledge on Storage connectivity
- Ability to solve highly complex problems spanning multiple technologies and disciplines
- Demonstrate leadership and foster collaborative team approach and interacts well with front line and management providing consultation and expert advice on systems related topics
- Awareness of ITIL Framework
- Experience providing services with a data center outsourcer, MSP or web hosting business
SunGard Availability Services provides IT Operations support to IT departments that need to ensure business viability by keeping mission...