• Dedication to providing world class customer service.
• Develop and maintain departmental processes and documentation.
• Perform AIX and other Unix OS installations, upgrades, reconfiguration and decommissioning.
• Work with customers, network engineers and storage engineers to troubleshoot and resolve implementation problems.
• Participate in SunGard’s Change Control Board to ensure product standardization and adherence to SunGard’s policies and procedures.
• Act as Tier 2 escalation support to solve product and services problems related to OS Management
• Utilize SunGard Portal for Problem Management and Change and Task Management.
• Provide immediate escalation of critical client problems that may become serious service delivery issues or may be reported to executive management.
• Participate in multiple projects and shifting workloads.
• Participate on projects providing technical expertise for the success of the project.
• Attend Design Review meetings to analyze prospective client system design.
• Provide post-implementation support.
• To implement Managed OS and other related services for SunGard customers.
• To ensure service availability & reliability.
• To ensure new technologies are adequately tested and integrated across.
• To ensure client satisfaction with services provided by Systems Services.
• Work with customers and other SunGard teams to agree upon best-practice technical designs that meet customer needs.
• Perform operation system implementations to customer specification
• Install and configure SunGard monitoring and management tools.
• Work with project manager and other implementation teams to coordinate and troubleshoot any implementation issues.
• Ensure complete and accurate documentation of customer environment.
• Decommission SunGard monitoring and management tools
• Ensure documentation is updated
• Help develop new processes and procedures related to implementation and decommission tasks, as needed
• College degree BA or BS in relevant field (Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or Business) or equivalent Technical School training or equivalent work experience that includes appropriate training courses but will consider applicants with equivalent work-related experience with a minimum educational requirement of a H.S. Diploma or GED equivalent.
• 8 - 10 years’ experience with various Unix based server operating systems, including the following:
• Required: AIX (including LPARs, VIO and HACMP or PowerHA clustering)
• Required: One or more of the following - Red Hat Linux, Oracle Solaris, HPUX
• Advanced NIC configuration such as 802.1q trunking and Etherchannel/802.3ad aggregation
• IP addressing and routing on multi-homed servers
• Storage Connectivity (Fibre Channel HBA and Multipath drivers)
• Basic shell scripting
• Ability to make quick decisions and distribute tasks appropriately across team.
• Experience with installation, maintenance, and general support of Windows Server platforms
• Extensive problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Ability to facilitate discussions to resolve technical issues with multiple teams.
• Experience providing services with a data center outsourcer, managed services provider, or web hosting business.
• Team player who can lead or follow as necessary.
• Excellent written and verbal skills.
• Ability to participate in off-hours and weekend support.
• Ability to effectively deal with change.
• Ability to multi-task and juggle multiple demands at once.
• Must possess strong interpersonal skills in order to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
Other Preferred Skills:
• Experience with the following:
• VMware ESX
• Windows Server (including Active Directory)
• Clustering Software (Veritas VCS, Red Hat Cluster, Solaris Cluster, Microsoft Cluster)
• Management of SAN, NAS or direct-attached storage
• Management of Netbackup or Tivoli backup clients
• Basic network administration (switch port configuration)
• Perl scripting
• Python scripting
• Other scripting languages
• Opsware / HP Server Automation server management platform
• Concord SystemEdge and Ehealth monitoring platforms
• NetCool and or Zenoss monitoring tools
• Ability to meet the physical demands of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SunGard Availability Services provides IT Operations support to IT departments that need to ensure business viability by keeping mission...