Standard Job Description:
Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems. Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal. Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints. Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
Specific Job Description:
The SI has an exciting opportunity for a systems engineering professional to support a Joint Program Office with influence across the IC. If you have experience in acquisition support, we would love to hear from you!
1. Participate in development of acquisition strategy planning briefs and documents for both existing IT contracts and any follow-on contracts.
2. Provide recommendations for Contract Line Item Number structure and descriptions applicable to the contract type, scope, value, and funding make-up.
3. Provide recommendations for program unique contract clauses compatible with approved acquisition strategy and appropriate to foster attainment of program objectives.
4. Prepare and coordinate delivery orders, task orders, requirements documents, or performance statements, as applicable.
5. Provide recommendations for solicitation instructions; basis of award; and evaluation factors, criteria, and standards.
6. Ensure documentation and control of business & technical baseline
7. Capture risks/opportunities and track mitigation steps to closure
8. Collaborate with requirements team to ensure delivery of defined capabilities are reflected within schedule
9. Collaborate with outreach team to provide status updates to stakeholders
10. Chair the IC DTE JPMO Resource Control Board (RCB) and the IC DTE Schedule Control Board (SCB)
11. Provides contracting support
12. Provide recommendations for incentivization strategies and plans designed to foster excellence in systems engineering, obtainment of enterprise objectives, and contract performance.
13. Support development and maintenance of solicitation documentation and source selection schedules.
14. Identify capability implementations/demonstration approaches and coordinate with other NGA acquisitions.
15. Provide expertise in program/project milestone review planning and coordination.
16. Assist in developing the technical and programmatic basis for any follow-on or new contract acquisition strategy based upon NGA/DIA/DoD/IC acquisition reform and NGA architectural concepts.
17. Assess current contracts, along with acquisition trends from other agencies and other software development and COTS integration contracts, to identify opportunities for implementing acquisition reform principles.
18. Provide advice and assistance to the Government in complying with the Federal Acquisition Regulation, DoD, IC and Agency supplements.
19. Draft, review, and staff statutory and regulatory acquisition planning documents as required to support contract modifications or new acquisitions.
20. Provide management and technology assessments of contractor solutions and processes.
21. Evaluate technical and schedule progress of contractor efforts.
22. Describe the intention, objectives and value of acquisition policy and efforts to internal and external customers.
1. Five (5) (or more) years of experience with DOD/IC Acquisition processes.
2. Bachelor’s degree in an associated discipline.
3. Eight years general experience.
1. Customer-service and goal oriented.
2. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
3. Ability to work independently and as a team member under tight deadlines with changing priorities.
4. Familiarity with NGA/DIA and the functional area of geospatial intelligence (GEOINT).
5. Advanced degree in associated discipline.
6. Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Tool Suite.
The SI Organization is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. M/F/V/D.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
The SI Organization, Inc. - 5 months ago
copy to clipboard -