Here within Lockheed Martin's Aculight Business we are looking for a Systems Engineer who is a true Laser enthusiast to join our team. Whether it’s increasing the visibility for helicopter pilots in brownout conditions or developing next generation high power lasers for Directed Energy, Lockheed Martin Aculight delivers innovative laser solutions for the defense, aerospace, industrial, and scientific markets. Our group offers the stability and prestige of a fortune 100 company with the feel of a startup company with a very strong entrepreneurial spirit.
This exciting work will include leading teams in design and development of fiber laser based systems that are field deployable in military and commercial environments. The Systems Engineer will work in an engineering team environment where research and cutting edge innovation and are part of our culture. Responsibilities include:
• Work with external customers to support the development of laser weapon system requirements by conducting trade studies of laser architectures
• Work with external and internal customers to develop and manage laser system requirements to meet and/or assist in the definition of customers weapons system requirements
• Identify, conduct and/or lead laser system trade studies to enable decomposition of requirements and development of technical solutions
• Work with multidiscipline IPT teams to develop and track requirements verification validation plans, processes and tests.
• Identify and manage risks associated with proposed laser system architectures and develop mitigation strategies in the form of design, analyses or tests
• Assist in the development of white papers, proposals, and presentations.
• Develop and track system level metrics and tools to balance cost, performance and risk across the program technical elements
Security Clearance Requirements: Applicants selected will be subject to government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Relocation: Relocation assistance is available for this exciting position.
The Locale: Bothell is a city located in the state of Washington in the Pacific Northwest. It is part of the Seattle metropolitan area. The population was 33,505 as of the 2010 census. Bothell is home to Cascadia Community College and the University of Washington, Bothell. Bothell was until recently predominantly a bedroom community with most of its residents working outside of the city. Starting in the 1990s, several businesses opened offices in Bothell, creating a regional employment center providing about 20,000 jobs.
• Broad extensive technical knowledge of laser systems ranging from laser physics, laser technology, optical beam propagation, laser packaging, power and thermal management, laser control, systems integration and testing, and environmental engineering
• Exceptional ability of effective communication with multidiscipline technical staff, facilitating or leading design trades, risk assessments, DFMEAs
• Demonstrated detailed and extensive technical expertise and application of laser systems engineering principles, concepts, theory, and practice as well as project and/or program leadership including organizing, planning, scheduling, and coordinating workloads to meet established project deadlines or milestones.
• Must possess the ability to contribute to the development of new concepts and principles; resolve unusually complex technical problems
• Strong communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills to effectively interface with other organizations, all levels of management, professional and support staff, customers, potential customers, and government representatives.
• Strong analytical skills
• Proficient in DOORS
• Familiarity with model based systems engineering
• Self-starter excels in a team environment
• Minimum 3-5 years of experience developing laser systems as systems engineer
• Minimum 3 years in laser or optical systems development.
• Proficient in Rhapsody and other model base systems engineering tools
• Extensive experience with laser systems as systems engineer for defense applications.
• 5 years in laser or optical systems development.
• Hand-on experience in photonics product development for military, telecom, or medical applications
• Experience in specialty engineering (Reliability, accessibility, manufacturability, serviceability, EMI, environmental, safety, human factors etc.).
• Strong analytical skills for trade studies
• Experience or education in physics, engineering or optics. Masters degree desired.
LMCareers Business Unit
Mission Systems and Training
W400:BOT Technical Operations
Systems Engineering: System Architecture
FLEX-Non-Standard 40 hour week
Lockheed Martin Corporation - 20 months ago
Unwavering sense of purpose.
Our employees are the core of our business here at...