· Designs, builds, implements, and documents complex global network infrastructure systems, both on the local-area network as well as a global wide-area network. Provides strong technical acumen in all areas of computer network design and troubleshooting, such as complex routing protocol configurations, quality-of-service, WiFi, network security (firewalls, IPS), VPN infrastructure, VoIP, WAN protocols, MPLS, and muliticast.
· Supports network operational activities at a level three support tier. Uses experience and deep technical skill to troubleshoot difficult problems quickly, with the ability to use multiple tools like management systems and packet capture devices to troubleshoot these issues as needed. Documents root cause analysis and assists with driving performance tuning and capacity management initiatives.
· Represents the Networking team on global project teams through the implementation of complex new infrastructure systems, including, project planning and adherence to Company’s global project methodologies. Builds and maintains relationships with business and cross-functional teams to understand requirements and engineer top-quality network solutions, and proactively collaborates to seek solutions with peers.
· Researches and evaluates new networking technologies, with a strong ability to match network technology to both current and future business needs. Assists with establishing criteria for evaluating solutions.
· Contributes to, and occasionally drives the development of policies, standards, and processes within the network engineering function.
· Assists with the preparation of budget for support activities and applicable support/service contracts.
. Deep technical knowledge of all facets of global computer networking, including but not limited to: LAN switching, WiFi, WAN technologies (Ethernet, ATM, Frame Relay, MLPPP, MPLS), routing protocols (EIGRP, BGP), complex route redistribution, VPN, quality-of-service, VoIP protocols, multicast, and network security (firewalls, IPS, etc).
· Excellent command of the English language, spelling, grammar, and punctuation. The ability and willingness to document systems following an SDLC methodology.
· Project management principles and application.
· Budget preparation and administration.
· Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP), GxP, Food and Drug Administration (FDA), and other regulatory requirements is a plus.
· CCNP/CCDP/CCIE certification is a plus.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field from an
accredited university or college, and a minimum of seven (7) to ten (10) years of related
experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Watson Pharmaceuticals - 9 months ago