The role of the Systems Administrator is to maintain, enhance and administer Arise contact center systems ensuring maximum uptime and system availability to the business. The Systems Administrator will respond to, investigate and resolve in a timely manner issues reported via the Arise Service Desk and Network Operations Center. The Systems Administrator will assist and participate in planning and budgeting activities with the Technical Operations Manager. The Systems administrator will also maintain vendor relationships as they pertain to the performance of duties.
The Systems Administrator position is an “on-call” position that requires carrying a cellphone or pager and participating in outage bridges that may at any time include Arise clients.
Primary Job Function:
- Support, administer and maintain Arise SANs.
- Support, administer and maintain Arise Citrix Xen Server environment.
- Support, administer and maintain Arise MSExchange environment.
- Support, administer and maintain Arise MSSQL Server environment.
- Support, administer and maintain Arise MSAD environment.
- Support, administer and maintain Arise backup solution.
- Support, administer and maintain Arise MSSharepoint environment.
- Architect, implement and administer solutions that support and enhance Arise business objectives.
- Work as part of the Technical Operations team in support of Arise business objectives, troubleshooting issues and outages, program implementations and client requests.
- Manage trouble ticket queue, adhering to ITIL change and incident management processes.
- Function as a subject matter expert for Arise systems.
- Create and maintain documentation for functional areas of responsibility.
- Assist in internal customer desktop computer issues.
- Assist Information Security team in meeting all security compliance regulations and requirements. Includes documentation, log management and responding to audit requests.
- Develop job aids for internal and external customers to assist users in knowledge of system functionality
- Maintain a working relationship with key vendors
- Maintain 99.9% uptime of all corporate and production network functions
- Communicate and remedy support issues with clients both internal and external
- Assist in skills development for co-workers
- Must be able to move 50 pounds ( 19 inch monitor )
- Writing T-SQL queries against Microsoft SQL 2008 Databases to facilitate automation of tasks
Minimum of 5 years’ experience implementing, supporting and administering the following systems in a high-availability/clustered configuration:
Experience supporting and administering:
- Microsoft Exchange 2003/7/10.
- Microsoft SQL Server 2000/5/8.
- Citrix Xen Server
- EMC/Equalogic/Compellent SAN
- Microsoft Active Directory
Solid understanding and working knowledge of:
- Microsoft Sharepoint
- Microsoft Biztalk
- Symantec Backup Exec
- Linux (various distributions)
- IP Telephony in a call center environment
- Application and network load balancing
- General networking and security concepts such as routing and firewalling.
- Telecom services and infrastructure such as voice and data circuits, session border controllers and media gateways.
- Microsoft Office applications
- Microsoft, Cisco and Dell certifications a plus.
- BS in Computer Science a plus.